Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    BMJ w/pullouts
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Huggers/whoopies
    Stormcrow was very helpful. He contacted me on his own within a few hours of my posting this! I definitely didn't mean to come across as unhappy with the Incubator. I have been able to make the Incubator cover the correct areas by holding it in place, so it is certainly large enough. My problem has been in getting it to stay where I want it overnight with the stock suspension. That suspension works perfectly btw on my ENO SN and still covers about 95% of the BB.

According to Stormcrow, there is a foot end and head end to the Incubator. The head end is slightly wider with the drawstrings fully loosened. Also, per his suggestion, I am also going to try looping a piece of shock cord with a cinch buckle over the ridgeline. To better keep the quilt where I need it, I will hook the shock cord to the right side (shelf side) of the Incubator near the foot end (looping over the foot box) and the left side (entrance side) near the head end, rather than just straight across the middle. I am confident that this set up will get me the results I want by pulling the Incubator into a slightly asymmetrical position. There has been a 3-day ice storm here in Conyers which has prevented me from getting out and testing this set up, but I will post back with the results as soon as I'm able.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakozacho View Post
    I have noticed one issue with the Incubator. It fits my ENO SN like a dream; however, I have had issues with it on my new WBBB. It does technically fit the Blackbird, but it doesn't fit it very well in my opinion.
    So is this something others have noticed with the WBBB and Incubator? I wonder how Triangle Thingies would work to solve this? The Incubator is in the running for my next full length so inquiring minds.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    BMJ w/pullouts
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Huggers/whoopies
    Ah yes, the Triangle Thingies. That's basically what they're designed to do, So I may have to order a pair and try them out.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow, Darian
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I'm not sure they would help with the footbox. They are going to pull the quilt straight up.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    BMJ w/pullouts
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Huggers/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by whayneneal View Post
    I'm not sure they would help with the footbox. They are going to pull the quilt straight up.
    My thinking is that if I tightened the shock cord on the right side foot end (foot box) and the left side head end, then they might pull the Incubator into a slightly asym orientation.

Anyway, I tried another trick that Stormcrow recommended, and it did solve the problem. It doesn't look as good as the TT, so I may order those anyway and try them out too.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow, Darian
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I had done the same and it did pull it into line somewhat, just not enough on the footbox. Please let me know how the triangles work out.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear

Paul's Mini-Pad

I had similar issues...I could have warm feet or a warm left shoulder, but not both. I tried TT's, and they were not the solution. Adjustable shock cords helped, but there was some distortion of the quilt that I didn't like.

I talked to Paul @ AHE, and he made me a small quilt that attaches to the left side of the WBBB with Omni tape, and rests between the Incubator and the 'bird, right under my shoulder.

Ahhh.....
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    BMJ w/pullouts
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Huggers/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    I talked to Paul @ AHE, and he made me a small quilt that attaches to the left side of the WBBB with Omni tape, and rests between the Incubator and the 'bird, right under my shoulder.

Ahhh.....
    Any chance you could post sme pics of that quilt. I'm definately interested in ordering something similar.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    I had similar issues...I could have warm feet or a warm left shoulder, but not both. I tried TT's, and they were not the solution. Adjustable shock cords helped, but there was some distortion of the quilt that I didn't like.

Ahhh.....
    Id like to see this too, it may turn my 3/4 Crow's Nest into an optional full, I would def be down for that when car camping or just as an option. Oldgringo what are the dimensions on the quilt/pad thingie, weight, amount of down fill, any specs/pics would be great to see, I even encourage a new thread on it so not to get this one to far off topic.

I have only used my Incubator with my traveler so far but now I want to go home and test it out on my WBBB. I really like the idea of of the shock cord laying asym. from foot box to head, I'm gonna try that one out as well with all my quilts.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Dutch
    Tarp
    WB
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoops
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakozacho View Post
    Any chance you could post sme pics of that quilt. I'm definately interested in ordering something similar.
    Hey Wakozacho.... you could try stitching a tiny loop on the outside of your footbox and attaching it to the Incubator bottom loop. This helps ensure my feet are covered at all times while in the footbox. Also allows me to pull the UQ up on my left shoulder as far as needed without ever worrying that it'll slide out of position at my feet.

I did a little youtube video, which might explain it better - right around the 3:30 mark.

Also, at about 1:20 I talk about adding an extra piece of shockcord on the ends to sort of - pull - the Incubator lengthwise. This doesn't affect the loft but does keep it very snug under my rear without needing to loop shockcord over the ridgeline. Works like a dream.

Hope this helps.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast