Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Superior Gear
    Insulation
    Down
    Rug I sure hope you can make it. All your little items really did make it so many people got to win more than once. I think I even won one of your beers. I think Mule drank it. Could be wrong bout that.
    Pete.
    The opinions expressed by this user are not those of a competent individual. If they were that would mean I know what I am talking about.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 4s
    Insulation
    Shamu & RAB
    Suspension
    All in One whoopie
    Images
    Well, I've decided to bring an old item I don't use any longer. It's in excellent shape, is something of a specialty hammock, and at one time was very much beloved by myself and friends. It's not the lightest or the most compact, but it was purchased from an artisan who hand crafts them, or did 15 years ago. I surely hope that someone will get more use out of it than I am now.

I'm also planning to bring a few dozen homemade blueberry muffins and chocolate fudge volcano muffins; just the way mom used to make them. Not sure if I'm putting the muffins in the raffle or just handing them out, IDK.

See you all there,
    -A.A

Formerly 'TroutEhCuss'
    Hammock
    12' DIY 1.9 Ripstop Grn/HamMike RL
    Tarp
    12'x11' DIY Navy
    Insulation
    3/4 UQ Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckle
    Images
    Aaronalso - where are you located in Indiana. Your profile doesn't indicate it.

The muffins sound good for the eat n' greet on Fri.
    I like big hammocks - I cannot like.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 4s
    Insulation
    Shamu & RAB
    Suspension
    All in One whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Aaronalso - where are you located in Indiana. Your profile doesn't indicate it.

The muffins sound good for the eat n' greet on Fri.
    I'm about 30min from this event, where you exit I-65; that's my home town.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy Chain
    Sorry Rug, I've not heard anyone say they are bringing a car for the raffle. Hope your situation works out & you can make it..
    " Can't not try". :thumbup

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rug View Post
    Last year I had nothing 'good' to give the group. I had no extra gear I could part with and I certainly didn't have any DIY 'goodies' that would help out somebody. So I felt like I cheated, I brought the beer because they were big *** cans (3cup?) and I brought the Coffee Crisps because I had heard other people post (much like Trout just did) that they loved them. I NEVER expected to get anything in return, and I was VERY surprised to find out that I had won an awesome 3/4 underquilt from StormCrow.

My $60 donation of beer and chocolate made several people happy, and because I had bought so many little things it felt like it gave everybody a chance to walk away with something. That made me happy.

Later I heard people complaining about it, the next day I found several empty cans of beer on the ground. That hurt a lot.

I don't know if I will be able to go this year. The only gear I have (with me in Detroit) is my WBBB & Tarp. I have no quilts, stoves, or pot. All of my stuff is still in Canada. I am waiting for INS to give me approval to leave the US & go home. If that happens before the group hang, I will be bringing a bunch of Coffee Crisps with me to the hang. If not I will be unable to go. As fate would have it, my car doesn't work either. I am trying to get it fixxed, so my participation is depending on that also.

If anybody has some spare gear (like an old sleeping bag, a CCF pad, etc..) I would be very grateful, and I would haul it to/from the parking lot too! =)
    I can make a Fancee Feast alky stove very easily, so I am not worried about that.

I also might need a ride. I would be willing to pay half the gas.
    Hey Rug, For everyone who you heard complain there were about ten times that many who really appreciated it. Me for one. It was just good havin you there, dude.
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JrB TQ/UQ,Crownest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Thanks guys.
    I ride a recumbent.
    I like to HAM it up on the CW.
    I use Linux.
    I play go.
    Of course I sleep in a hammock!

Rug.

Hang On!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    Hey Rug, For everyone who you heard complain there were about ten times that many who really appreciated it. Me for one. It was just good havin you there, dude.
    Me, too. I thought the beer and Coffee Crisps were great ideas for the raffle, especially since they were Exotic, Foreign Delicacies. You know, from that other country way up there. Seriously, though, it was perfect for that raffle. I just wish I could have had a bit of either (no alcohol or chocolate for me, sadly)....

I do hope you can make it, Rug. I'm looking forward to seeing you again. I can also bring "stuff" for you--just let me know what you need and I'll bring it if I have it. I'm planning on parking about 3/4 mile from the Hollow as I'll be coming in right at sunset IF everything goes well, but it's an easy hike in the dark if we need to go back to the car for anything.

It's good to hear, though, that Homeland Security is protecting us from those Canadian thugs trying to transport dangerous camping gear across the border...[grrrrr] I hope you can get your stuff back.
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    the hang was bad a-- i am planning to attend again this yr, if anyone from wisconsin needs a ride let me know, i am in need of coffee crisp......
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Superior Gear
    Insulation
    Down
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsaihiker View Post
    (no alcohol or chocolate for me, sadly)....
    This reminds me. Are you the one who brought in that 20 lb bag of quadruple chocolate brownies? I would gladly hike out to your car Sat morning to carry them in if you could bring them again if that was you.
    Pete.
    The opinions expressed by this user are not those of a competent individual. If they were that would mean I know what I am talking about.

• + New Posts
  • Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast