Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    more photos
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    a few more
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    And Mule happens to be very proficient on the harmonica. I was blown away, that was cool!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WBRR and WBBB
    Tarp
    EOS Spinn Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    standard
    Images
    Nice meeting everyone. It's great to put a face with a trail/screen name. Did anybody see the self expression art just on the outside of Story, IN on the trailhead side? Hopefully my pics pop up.

well sorry we missed the get together. however my roommate just wanted to be away from people for this trip. we ended up on top of the cave right where saddle creek comes to Monroe reservoir. It was terrible wind. I was so cold it made the night kind of miserable.

however once i got to the tent. I was somewhat warm.

It took a bit to get the fire going. I dont think I could have done it without the firestarters I picked up. the wind really burned that wood quick, and because of the wond blowing the smoke right into our faces, it was pretty worthless to try and sit talking around it.

over all it was a good trip. I still need a few more Items to start making my trips much better. like hiking boots. I busted my butt on a rock as I was trying to get some water. and I still hurt now.

Formerly 'TroutEhCuss'
    Hammock
    12' DIY 1.9 Ripstop Grn/HamMike RL
    Tarp
    12'x11' DIY Navy
    Insulation
    3/4 UQ Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckle
    Images
    Well, it was great having so many people show and stick out the weather. The weather actually wasn't so bad and created an opportunity to fine tune gear lists and equipment.

Thursday - a lot more people showed than I think was originally expected. I ended up getting on the hill late, so I just solo'd unitl the moon was out. I ended up skipping stringing my hammock up across the trail and going to bed.
    Friday - George and Hoosier had spent the night in the hollow. It rained on and off, but wasn't too bad. The raffle was done earlier than last year by about an hour, so there was still light. Friday was a late night....
    Saturday - a few people left, some stayed at camp, some hiked to the "Hill", some went to town, and others a little bit of all of the above. Saturday was another late night. Some more rain. We ended up not camping at the "hill" due to the expose to the elements.
    Sunday - most had left the hill by 11:30. Several of us hunted for mushrooms, onions, and other wild goodies.

As for myself, I learned bits of information I'll be looking into. During the weekend, lots of various skills were displayed that many of us had no idea individuals had. The flute/whistle playing was a nice change of pace. DP and Gargoyle gear tours were given. Animalcontrol displayed his fabric knowledge superiority and Mule's "crew" (Jake, Clint, and Gabe) showed their firebuilding/woodcutting skills.

My thanks go out to everyone who showed up, to those who drove an extended distance to come, and indivudals who weren't able to come, but gave to the raffle. Most of all, I would like to thank everyone for not saving me a brownie..... <cough>.
    I like big hammocks - I cannot like.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    "Most of all, I would like to thank everyone for not saving me a brownie..... <cough>"

Snooze, you lose
    Thanks for setting it up Trout. Had a real good time.

DP, got home and the wife made me go on a ride. 17 miles at 15.2MPH, dragging speed

Liked all the cuben tarps and learned a little about Spinn that has changed my mind a bit.

Good to see familiar faces and met a few friendly others.

Look forward to next year

Hammock
    DIY GE, Bridge, WB Traveler
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, OES Dlx
    Insulation
    Leigh's 2/3 UQ v2
    Suspension
    7/64 amsteel blue
    I had an outstanding time this weekend. I'm really glad that the people that came out, did. It is always a great time with this group. There are a lot of inspiring and colorful personalities on this forum.

While it was a bit on the cold and wet side, I think we were very lucky to have the dry spells that we did. It enabled us to visit one another relatively comfortably. I believe everyone stayed off the ground and dry through the storms. That's a successful trip in my book.

Thank you everyone for sharing your ideas, stories, and fantastic sense of humor.
    Chance favors the prepared mind - Louis Pasteur

Hammock
    dp gear .com
    Tarp
    dp gear .com
    Insulation
    dp gear .com
    Suspension
    dp gear .com

2nd ANNUAL Hoosier Hang MEMORIES ...

HH'ers ... (purple for royality)

Whew, you guys are quick ... as I thought maybe I'd be the first to "report" ...

Tell what I'm gonn'a dew ...
    I learned soooooooooooooooooooooo much at this hang, I'm going to do a daily report on what I learned from each individual ...

Soooooooooooooo get ready ... I have 22 Hoosier Hangerzzzzzzzzzz I'm going to report on ...

Ready?

Ladies FIRST;

"LongSkirt" ...Wow, what a neat woman. Where was she when I got married 50 years ago?
    Come to tinkAit, maybe LS isn't 50 yet ...? Would that be robbing the cradle or ...

What I learned from Ms Longskirt was how to dry my own food.

First time I was with LS was a Ron Craig 3 day bushwack hike. On that trip she introduced me to her dried tomatoes. OMG to DIE for.

At this Hoosier Hang, she introduced me to her dried Mangos. OMG again.

Ms Patty, are you single? ......................................
    If'in we lived closer, I'd want you to help me pickout a food drier. I'm headed to Wally, Meijer, and Target to chek'out the prices/features this evening.

HH'erzzzzzzzz Stay Tuned, YOU may be next.
    Talk at you tomorrow ...

dp
    www.dphammockgear.com

Hammock
    Lawson Blue Ridge
    Tarp
    Factory Included
    Insulation
    Pad/Mummy Bag
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling
    I heard some of the attendees were asking about the three water bottle given out at the raffle. I bought them at Sam's Club. They come in a set of three for $15. Glad to hear they were extremely useful. That's the best kind of prize.

I also heard a few passers-by took interest in my hammock. It's made by Lawson (http://www.lawsonhammock.com/). Groupon had a half-off deal a month ago or so, and I did a bit of quick research to see if it's a smart purchase. There's a great instructional video on YouTube, if you're curious how they're setup/designed. Just do a keyword search.

So glad to be included in the weekend. It was a learning experience, being my first hammock outing ever, and more importantly a good time.

• + New Posts
  • Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast