This is my first DIY Hammock. I was asked to post pictures of the product in this thread. I didn't end up making a Hennessy clone, like I originally intended, but took a lot of elements from it. The first picture shows it on my porch in New Orleans.
The material is a single layer of 1.1 ounce Ripstop from Backwoods Daydreamer. The length is around 11 feet and it is the full width (roughly 60 inches, I think).
I ended up sewing up 8 inches or so of the end like this thread suggested, and put cord into the whipping for an internal structural ridgeline. I have mine on two biners right now because I have not been able to find any really light descender rings. I think I will eventually switch one of the biners with a ring, but keep he other. I want it to be removable and easily changed. The biners are very light (26 grams each), and the line itself is just 2mm utility cord from my local outdoor store. I have not settled on a length for sure yet. I'm thinking of replacing both biners with nacabiners, but we'll see. You can see the ridgeline in the second picture.
I used the whipping suggested here by wilsonbmw in the thread about the disassembly of the Hennessy rather than the one here in the Hennessy clone thread. I tried them both, but liked the lay better the way suggested in the first thread. You can see it in the last picture.
It lays pretty flat, at least by my standards. The single layer 1.1 doesn't seems to be a problem yet, at least. I am not feeling the stretch that I was worried about, but maybe I haven't spent enough time in it. I am 200 poundsish for the record. It seems really light, but I don't have a scale and any weights that I cited earlier come from what the manufacturers say. I also made some whoopies and love them.
Now on to the tarp. I also need some kind of stuff sack or blackbishop bag, we'll see.
Thanks for looking!
Hope this picture thing works, I'm kinda a technotard.