custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images

temps/bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Riverpirate View Post
    Come to Georgia from May to September and I bet you won't use insulation. I also be you will worry about the mosquitoes unless you have a Clark, a. Double layer or spray with permeterin (sp?)
    In Griffin maybe, which I'm intimately familiar with, but truth is it is rare to get those days where under insulation isn't welcome. Spent a night on Blue Mt in July that rings a bell for me. Other was at Whitewater Falls in August.

But I do have to say, I've never had a problem with bugs, even on those nights. That's the mountains, though. I don't hang much at home, but I can't see the skeeters being that bad here. But, SC and the GA coastal area, you bet.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    SuperFly w/doors
    Insulation
    WInc and Burrow
    Suspension
    webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Saint View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I like WB's products. All I'm saying is that the people on this forum have the Harley Davidson mentality regarding WB.

More than 22 years and scores and scores (and scores) of thousands of miles of riding, and this is the first time I've ever been labeled as having a "Harley Davidson mentality."

Lowclass, here's my WBBB with the Winter Incubator. Works great.

Law Dawg, loved the HD-mentality rundown.

Chris

Hammock
    Warbonnet blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    StormCrowIncubator
    Suspension
    DIY Strap
    That looks like the WBBB and incubator are perfect matches to each other. Dang , I was hoping to convince the better half that UQ's are hammock specific and I have to get another one. Nice pic.
    I LIVE FOR THE DAY AFTER TWO DAYS BEFORE TOMORROW.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Couple of questions I'll address but please realize that I'm compairing these hammocks with my homemade UQ's and TQ's.
    I've found that my UQ that I custom made to perfectly fit my Clark, flat out does not work for my BB or my HH. I'm gonna made another UQ similar to that incubator.
    I've found that laying in the BB or HH that they are very similar to each other. The Clark on the other hand is completely different. Clark is more like a cocoon and BB & HH I've got all kinds of room to move my arms and legs opposite of each other.
    My Clark is totally skeeter proof without my UQ under it. My BB is double layer so skeeters shouldn't be able to bite through (haven't been able to test it yet because I've had to have an UQ) and my HH needs a layer under it to keep the skeeters from biting me.
    I've found that my Clark is warmer in the winter with it's custom well fitted UQ. I've not had a chance to make a custom UQ for my BB, HH yet and I'm using my winter TQ under these hammocks!! It's not working because it's not diffirentually sewn and the sides are pulling the down flat. This UQ has kept me warm down to 21 degrees (rated at 0) but that's about as low as I'd take it.
    So differences that I've found are... Clark takes less size wise for the UQ and TQ due to being a cocoon type hammock (equalls lighter weight in quilts because they end up being smaller). As far as comfort, I'm perfectly comfortable in all my hammocks. Now my husband wasn't, he didn't like the Clark at all and I got him a BB. When I reccomend a hammock to someone, If I can, I get them to try out my hammocks. But if not, I usually reccomend the BB if the person is a guy. Several of the female scout leaders have liked the Clark better. All my hiking trips to the AT, I've taken the Clark and it's tarp. It's a very sturdy built hammock and there's been quite a few times I needed the ability to be able to open up either or both sides of the netting. The BB & the HH only have a zipper on one side. I'm still testing my BB, trying to figure out quilts, tarps and temps. I'm also finding that the Clark can be set up with trees closer together and the BB can be set up with trees further apart. One more thing, if any of u'all were to ever come hang in my neck of the woods, you better bring skeeter protection (or yellow fly, they draw blood). Temps swing up and down so much that you just can't count on it being cold enough that the little biters aren't out looking for you.
    The Clarks and BB are about as different from each other as two hammocks can get. Most people will usually either love or hate one or the other. Remember that these are just things that I've found that have worked or not, for me with these hammocks.
    TinaLouise

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by lowclass View Post
    That looks like the WBBB and incubator are perfect matches to each other.
    The Incubator will also fit well on a WB Traveler (maybe even better) and with the Skeeter net a single layer would be fine since it covers under too. I have both WBs and actually prefer the Traveler for simple and light. The BB is a full optioned hammock with charms of its own but if I had to pick only one it would be the Traveler with Skeeter net. Opinion only but the Traveler feels more comfortable to me. Could have alot to do with the ability to get in from either side and ease of UQ adjustment but I swear it feels more flat too. YMMV

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    That fits much better than my MW3 does, those couple of extra inches in width sure make a difference.

I managed to get a nap in mine outside today. Still working on the bottom insulation, only my right cheek was a bit cold. Last night it was my left

I preheated with hot water in gatorade bottles but still couldn't spend the night.

I need to make a 30" wide pad.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345