WBBB,traveler, hh ULBP mod2 2qzq
    Tarp
    mamba SF mccat
    Insulation
    jrb, yeti
    Suspension
    dutch clips, whoop
    Images
    Never slept in a Clark. Have a WBBB 1.1 dbl, a traveler 1.1 dbl, and a HH ULBP with 2qzq mod.

It may have been hype that lead me to the BB but the comfort compared to the HH is why the ULBP stays at home unless a nub friend is looking to hang.

I enjoy dealing with the owner of a particular business rather than the salesman or internet order page. too each their own. Im still gonna get a good nights sleep.

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    I have the CJH NX-200 and a WBBB DL 1.7. I have been hanging in the Blackbird since I got it. Don't get me wrong I love the NX and sleep very soundly in it when I am in the woods, ask anyone who has been to a hang with me!!!!!! I just find that I get a better nights sleep in the BB on the trail. I will not sale my CJH!!!!!!! It was my first and it will stay with me until the end.........
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    DIY Camo Cocoon
    Tarp
    Tricked out SWT
    Insulation
    DIY 4 layer IX
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    Lowclass - My opinion for what it's worth: I would suggest a double layer 1.1 WBBB and I would also suggest the strap and buckle suspension option that Brandon offers. The double layer will do two things for you: when warm weather hanging without a quilt you will have insect protection that you don't get with a single layer; also when the weather is too warm for your quilt but too cool for no insulation the double layer makes adding a thin pad easy and comfortable.

The strap and buckle suspension that Brandon provides is very simple and convenient, I think you will like it. Worst case if you want to save a few oz you could always switch to whoopie slings etc... down the line. As someone else also pointed out the WBBB will already have a fixed structural ridgline installed that sets the sag and supports the insect netting.

My first hammock was a WBBB double 1.7 and it was a great hammock. Once I started making gear I switched to a DIY and sold my WBBB but man it sure was nice. I miss the shelf and the foot box; I sleep great in my DIY but those two features from my WBBB are missed.

The Clark is also mosquitoe proof with a single layer although the pockets on the bottom also help. Speaking of the pockets, I like them more than the shelf on the WBBB. They keep stuff outside my hammock but still very accessible and the 6 of them hold more than the shelf in the WBBB. I also have the Z-liner pads (only) that I use in the pockets and that helps during "cool" nights. I feel more clostrophobic in the WBBB since the net is closer to my face. I can sit all the way up in the Clark. The attachment point for the tie out on the WBBB net over the zipper still gets in my way. The net on the Clark can be zipped nearly completely off and stored in the pocket at the foot of the hammock so I can be used without a net at all. Add to that the weather shield and the integrated tarp and it is just a better "system" for me.

There is also a lot of "extra" material on the WBBB that blocks the breezes in the summer. I feel more "down in" the WBBB. I get better breezes in the Clark. Especially the Tropical which has a removable head end cover.

The WBBB does have a better suspension system with the straps and buckles but I switched both my Clarks out to whoopies and really like that better now.

Hammock
    Warbonnet blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    StormCrowIncubator
    Suspension
    DIY Strap
    I think you convinced me GvilleDave. Double layer it is you make a very good point the mosquito thing is a big deal for me. The reason I ask about other suspensions is I was wandering through youtube and saw a video of a guy that had what I believe to be whoopie slings and ascender rings for drip rings and a black bishop bag and looked just like what I was looking for just wasn’t sure where to get all the stuff I saw or even realy knew exactly what I saw… He tells you what he’s using in the video but I got lost after "Hey guys my"
    Wait this might be the link to the video…. WALLA!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=449BL2Wxo_U

Part of the reason I like my clark is its everything in one stop shopping tarp hammock lighter wallet for faster hiking...
    I LIVE FOR THE DAY AFTER TWO DAYS BEFORE TOMORROW.

Hammock
    Warbonnet blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    StormCrowIncubator
    Suspension
    DIY Strap
    Oh and noone has said whether I can use my storm crow three season full lenght incubator with the WBBB or do I need to get another UQ due to the angle of the dangle of a WBBB?
    I LIVE FOR THE DAY AFTER TWO DAYS BEFORE TOMORROW.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by lowclass View Post
    Oh and noone has said whether I can use my storm crow three season full lenght incubator with the WBBB or do I need to get another UQ due to the angle of the dangle of a WBBB?
    Your Incubator is the UQ that I am considering as my next insulation purchase for both my WBBB and Traveler. It does fit Land has one on his WBBB.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Saint View Post
    ...people on this forum have the Harley Davidson mentality regarding WB.
    Now yer speaking my language. To be accurate the WB products would have to be essentially early to mid 1900s tech with a few new bells and whistles added. The owners would love the hammocks and hate Brandon. The WBBB would produce tons of noise with a very low ratio of actual sleep (noise to horse power). Every popular WBBB would have pounds of added bling just to look "cool". Last but not least, WB hammocks would have lousy suspension, drag the ground alot, and the binders would be made for a Hammock 1/4 the weight of the hammock it is on.

No friend, the mentality just is not the same. Now compare it to say a Ducati owner or Gixxer and you will be getting closer. It is a performance hammock for folk who appreciate that.
    Last edited by Law Dawg (ret); 12-21-2010 at 12:00.

Hammock
    DIY Camo Cocoon
    Tarp
    Tricked out SWT
    Insulation
    DIY 4 layer IX
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    FWIW - the WBBB I had came complete with the black bishop style stuff sack. All you need to add is a tarp and insulation and you are hanging (well I guess you need trees but...).

Worst case, you buy a WBBB and find you like the Clark better you can resell the BB here for almost what you paid in about five minutes...

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post
    Your Incubator is the UQ that I am considering as my next insulation purchase for both my WBBB and Traveler. It does fit Land has one on his WBBB.

Now yer speaking my language. To be accurate the WB products would have to be essentially early to mid 1900s tech with a few new bells and whistles added. The owners would love the hammocks and hate Brandon. The WBBB would produce tons of noise with a very low ratio of actual sleep (noise to horse power). Every popular WBBB would have pounds of added bling just to look "cool". Last but not least, WB hammocks would have lousy suspension, drag the ground alot, and the binders would be made for a Hammock 1/4 the weight of the hammock it is on.

No friend, the mentality just is not the same. Now compare it to say a Ducati owner or Gixxer and you will be getting closer. It is a performance hammock for folk who appreciate that.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I too have an NX 250...really like it and plan on keeping it. Having said that I recentley bought a WBBB 1.0 Dbl. Basically the Clark NX 250 is a true four season hammock but most of my hammock camping is of the three season variety. I figured why carry all that extra weight and protection when I usually don't need it. I'm using my Clark right now but look forward to next spring when I'll break out my WBBB 1.0. BTW...I'm your weight and the 1.0 feels fine. Why buy anything heavier when you don't need it. I'd also say the Blackbird is a flatter, more comfortable lay than the 250. I feel I have the best of both worlds by owning both of these two fine hammocks.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast