Moreland Georgia
    diy sil argon camo
    whoopie slings

pre Christmas overnight on the pine mountain trail

I just got back from a quick overnight trip to the pine mountain trail at warm springs GA. My kids were in school Monday and Tuesday, I was off, so I decided to take a little hiking trip. The Pine Mountain trail is only 45 min from my house, so its really quick and easy to get to-------Ive been there hundreds of times! I parked at the roadside park/radio tower trailhead, and hiked to browndog bluff---about 6 miles away. Its was a beautiful day, 50 degrees and sunny---I didnt bring shorts, but if I had, I would have worn them! I took my time and had a delightful hike thru the south ga woods. I spent the night at browndog, and then hiked back to the trail head via the white candle trail. What was really neat was, last night I was laying in my hammock, watching the sun go down (beautiful sun set!) and shortly after was enjoying a full moon! ----I thought to my self, does it really get any better than this? It got down into the low 40s last night , but I was snug and warm in my peapod! As I was driving back to the house this after noon, it struck me how peaceful I felt, and that I definitely got my "wilderness fix"! I really seem to enjoy winter camping---its just got a different feel to it than summer camping (especially in GA--it gets pretty freaking hot!) Sorry, no pics----maybe next time! also, I used a backpack I have been designing/working on---it needs a few changes, but over all I was very happy with its performance!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.

Woodstock GA
    DEBATING eno and diy at the moment
    outdoor Research
    20 incubator :)
    Sounds awesome, wish I had time for some overnighters here and there everything is so much easier after some alone time in the woods
    When life gets you down......make an underquilt!

Canyon Country, Ca
    Very Nice!!