Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctari View Post
    I do wish I had gotten those snow shoes a few years ago, but I never thought I'd need em.
    Your more than welcome to take my Denali's for a spin, but you'll have to wait until Friday afternoon or evening. Dutch and I should get there by mid afternoon Friday.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    PS... Doc & Bonsihiker, are you ready to hike in that much snow
    I'm wishing I could have picked up the snowshoes on sale at my favorite overstock resale catalog, but the funds weren't there.

I'm also wishing I would have opted for the tall Neos with built-in gaiters instead of the shorter ones with the ice studs.

Lastly, I'm wishing that Doctari would just tow me up there in a pulk.

Like he said, though, we'll figure something out. We're HAMMOCKERS for goodnes sake!
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    Your more than welcome to take my Denali's for a spin, but you'll have to wait until Friday afternoon or evening. Dutch and I should get there by mid afternoon Friday.
    I will definitely take you up on that, may make me start saving up for my own pair.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

I can't see that there would be a problem with using tarps as long as there is no damage to the structure. I'll double check with the manager on Tuesday and let you know if he disagrees. If you don't hear back from me on that, consider the idea blessed by the powers that be.

Right now the floor and benches are snow covered. I am planning on clearing off the benches to give them a chance to dry out, the same with the picnic tables. The shape they will be in will depend on how much snow and wind we get this week. No promises on getting the floor cleared though.

Thanks for the update Marceia. It's great to have the rangers involved & doing so much to help out.

I have a question for you Marceia. I am wondering about the possibility of adding tarp walls to two sides of the Amphitheater to serve as a wind break.
    If we were allowed to do so, they would be secured to the Amphitheater roof by rope, so there would be no damage to the structure.

Thanks again for your help. ...Tim

PS... Doc & Bonsihiker, are you ready to hike in that much snow

Hammock
    HH Ultralite Backpacker Zip
    Tarp
    stock hennessy
    Insulation
    HH super shelter
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Sorry you can't make it Kman. Sounds like you've got your stuff together.
    You asked about other hangs. Here is the "Planning Thread" for the MAHHA (Mid Atlantic Hammock Hangers Association) that took place this past fall.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ighlight=MAHHA
    They have it twice a year (Spring & Fall) & it's been happening for several years while now.
    If you go to the last page of the thread that I linked, you'll find a link to the "Report Thread
    I'm sure it wont be to long until they start planning the next one for spring.
    Cool, Thanks. I will definitely make time to attend that one. Much closer!

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    What is the distance from Massie Gap to the campground?
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MLHolland View Post
    I can't see that there would be a problem with using tarps as long as there is no damage to the structure. I'll double check with the manager on Tuesday and let you know if he disagrees. If you don't hear back from me on that, consider the idea blessed by the powers that be.

Right now the floor and benches are snow covered. I am planning on clearing off the benches to give them a chance to dry out, the same with the picnic tables. The shape they will be in will depend on how much snow and wind we get this week. No promises on getting the floor cleared though.
    Thank you Marceia. Hopefully several people from our group will bring snow shovels to help w/ the clearing too.
    I'm thinking several early arrivals bringing snow shoes to pack snow in the camp area (rather than removing so much) might be a good idea too. That is, if it's "packable".

Unless we have a heat wave, it looks like we are going to have the deepest snow we have seen on this annual HF Winter Hang. Doctari better keep an eye out for the miniature snowmen that have been known to surround his hammock while he sleeps
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MLHolland View Post

Thanks for the deluxe service, Marceia! I will be getting there Thursday (probably will others, too), and will have my trusty grain scoop (snow shovel), so don't worry if the floor isn't clear. As to the benches being dry, we'll have insulating pads to sit on. The real luxury will be having more than one table this year. Last year's potluck at the Wise shelter had 30+ people spreading out food on one small table. I'll bring a plastic table cloth and some spring clamps to hold it down. Others may do the same.

I'll either hang my hammock at the campground Thursday night or look for a sheltered spot somewhere to the East. I'll have snowshoes and x-country skis with me, and I'll stop at the Park HQ to register and get suggestions. I haven't hiked in the area at all, aside from the walk into the Wise shelter last year, so I won't be attempting any summits this trip.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    What is the distance from Massie Gap to the campground?
    According to Google, 1.44 miles.

Remember, you can always drop off your stuff, then go park and walk back.
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Doctari better keep an eye out for the miniature snowmen that have been known to surround his hammock while he sleeps

If anyone hasn't heard it, get Doctari to tell you the story this weekend.

http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...searchid=75571
    --Scott <><

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast