Eno double nest
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    UCRS

Hey From Rochester NY

Iv been hanging around the sight for a bit, I figured it was time to introduce my self.. Iv learned alot already just from lurking, but the more I get into this, the more im sure ill have specific questions. My Gf bought me a hammock for fathers day this year (eno dn) and that pretty much started the whole ball rolling.. Im not by anymeans new to the out doors, between working, hunting and fishing I spend more time outside then indoors.. I alos enjoy camping, and It never really occured to me to use a hammock, its one of those things thats just makes too much sense I over looked it.. Currently due to the weather im stuck hanging indoors. I dont have the funds right now to set up a cold weather rig, so the livingroom will have to do.. Newbie question...Is it normal to get excited when get the "YOUR SLEEPING ON THE COUCH" speech? I almost feel bad becuse its no longer a punishment, infact I sleep better in my hammock..... Anyway, Im looking forward learning more from this site, and perhaps even offering a few good tips my self..

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Welcome 556. There is a ton of information from some great people on here. I'm relatively new and any and all questions have been answered by this gang here. Save up those pennies for an under quilt and top quilt and get that ENO hanging outside soon.

Syb

Hammock
    HH Exped. Asym
    Tarp
    OES
    Suspension
    Dutch Biner
    Welcome to HF from a neighbor to the east!
    Don't feel bad about enjoying being sent to the couch for "punishment"...you'll find there's a decent sized group who NEVER sleep in beds anymore.
    IMO the ENO setup is the best for getting your feet wet in the hammocking world...it's how I started. I will warn you though.....this site will test your will to not scrounge up as much hammocking gear as possible (I've only been here a few months and I've already gathered 2 hammocks, couple under quilts, and multiple tarps)
    Let the addiction begin!
    Trailname - Knox
    LT10

My Weight Sheet

Hammock
    Eno double nest
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    UCRS
    Quote Originally Posted by Otis_Hiker View Post
    Welcome to HF from a neighbor to the east!
    Don't feel bad about enjoying being sent to the couch for "punishment"...you'll find there's a decent sized group who NEVER sleep in beds anymore.
    IMO the ENO setup is the best for getting your feet wet in the hammocking world...it's how I started. I will warn you though.....this site will test your will to not scrounge up as much hammocking gear as possible (I've only been here a few months and I've already gathered 2 hammocks, couple under quilts, and multiple tarps)
    Let the addiction begin!
    Im familure with how websites can influnce you, and how addicting things can get.. Im DIY kind of person, I build and fix anything and everything I can on my own. It just so happens my grandfather has and upholstry/ woodworking bussiness, so I have acess to "thread injectors" (did I use the term right?). I have already done a few mods to my eno (suspension) but I can already see my self makeing my own set up from scratch. I have much to learn, Introducing my self is the first step
    Last edited by -FiveFiveSix-; 12-22-2010 at 16:31.

Hammock
    BB 1.1 + 1.7DL, TRAV 1.7DL, HHEXPLR
    Tarp
    Superfly, HH Hex
    Insulation
    3S Incubator & CN
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Dutchies
    Welcome to the forum 556. I'm here in Buffalo. Good to see another person on the forum from my area. Cheers!!!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Welcome - and remember that Brian (makes the OES MacCat tarps) goes to RIT so you could probably save on shipping for some of the best tarps around!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Eno double nest
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    UCRS
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Welcome - and remember that Brian (makes the OES MacCat tarps) goes to RIT so you could probably save on shipping for some of the best tarps around!
    Wow small world.. I actually know a few ppl who go to RIT. Ill have to look into those tarps, dose he have a website? Im like my Dryfly, but its heavy, and I can already see that in a bad strom it may keep my dry, but wont leave much room for my gear

Hammock
    DD Traveler + GT UL
    Tarp
    DD+HH sil UL
    Insulation
    DD UQ + CCF pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    http://www.outdoorequipmentsupplier.com/ - OES

Welcome aboard... no longer near Rochester but was born there and lived in Spencerport for some years, then the Finger Lakes until the late 90's.

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Images
    Welcome. Fellow Rochesterian here. If you camp alreay, you probably have all you need to equip yourself for a winter hang. Hammocking doesn't require "specialty" gear (except the hammock). I used mine for quite a few years with my regular camping gear even in winter. Anyway, welcome to the forum. Maybe we'll see each other on the trail someday.

I thought Brian (OES) was at the U of R. I could be wrong, age does that.

Hammock
    Eno double nest
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    UCRS
    Quote Originally Posted by DuctTape View Post
    Welcome. Fellow Rochesterian here. If you camp alreay, you probably have all you need to equip yourself for a winter hang. Hammocking doesn't require "specialty" gear (except the hammock). I used mine for quite a few years with my regular camping gear even in winter. Anyway, welcome to the forum. Maybe we'll see each other on the trail someday.

I thought Brian (OES) was at the U of R. I could be wrong, age does that.
    yea I googled it, turns out its U of R not RIT.. I Have never really tried any winter camping before. Im sure I could pull it off, I spend a lot of time ice fishing and such so im familure with being out in the cold for long periods of time, and how to stay dry, avoid sweating ect.. Perhaps I will try a few practice hangs in the back yard in the cold to see if I can rig somthing up to keep me warm..

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast