Threaded View

Boone, NC
    ENO Dbl nest
    MacCat Deluxe
    3s Phoenix

testing 3s phoenix in backyard

First off I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Just got my 3 season phoenix with 900 down, went back home for the holidays and decided to test it out in my backyard last night. I slept in my eno double nest with a eureka silver city 30 degree bag for top insulation. It got down to about 23 F last night here in Jamestown NC so I wasn't to concerned since the phoenix is advertised to 15 F with 900 down. I love this under quilt. I was very warm on my underside and the sleeping bag kept me nice and warm on top which surprised me since it was well below 30 F. I had a jacket, hoodie and sweatpants on for clothing. I could never imagine going without an UQ now that I've slept in this baby. Stormcrow makes a great product and I highly suggest one to anyone wanting to extend their hammocking season or tired of getting a cold back in the night.
    I plan on sleeping out in my backyard again tonight, its suppose to get down to 25 F.
    Heres some pics, I bought a piece of the camo fabric from the HG website and made a weather shield. It was a clear night so I slept under the stars with no tarp.

Last edited by allenmd07; 12-24-2010 at 16:07.