Diy
    Tarp
    FF
    Insulation
    lost river
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I am out in a few minutes too.
    about an hour and ahalf away depending on weather related traffic.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe & ENO
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Heading up from Jupiter right now. Should be there in about 3 1/2 hours. Can't wait!!!!!

Hammock
    Switchback 1.9DL, DIY 12'
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Insulation
    Jarbridge River
    Suspension
    JRB Tri-Glides
    Skeeter Magnet and I just left. Be there bout 6ish.

Quote Originally Posted by lilricky View Post
    I'm leaving Kissimmee early tomorrow morning. To anyone reading this on-site from their smartphone, how is parking there now? If its too crowded, I'll hike in on the FT from the SR-19 trailhead.
    I hiked in today from SR-19. I was at Buck lake about 2:30 this afternoon and there were 7-8 campers there. Plenty of room at that point. If you do hike in from the 19 trail head take the second blue blaze to the camping area. The blue blaze around the south/east side has not been used much and is over grown in some areas. In other words you want to take the FT up the west side of the lake and enter on the blue blaze from the north.
    Last edited by moytoy; 01-21-2011 at 20:04. Reason: grammer correction

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch's Speed hook
    Images
    Thanks Moytoy, so parking isn't an issue at the campground then.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by moytoy View Post
    I hiked in today from SR-19. I was at Buck lake about 2:30 this afternoon and there were 7-8 campers there. Plenty of room at that point. If you do hike in from the 19 trail head take the second blue blaze to the camping area. The blue blaze around the south/east side has not been used much and is over grown in some areas. In other words you want to take the FT up the west side of the lake and enter on the blue blaze from the north.

Thanks for the heads up. Is the plenty of parking at the 19 trail head?
    C-ya Saturday afternoon sometime.

Parking at the Hwy 19 trail head could become a problem if more than 7-8 campers are hiking in. I park there a lot but I've never really counted the parking slots. More than eight cars will make a crowd. I do my hiking in that area during the week and I've never seen more than 2 or 3 cars there at a time. I'm not sure how the rangers feel about parking in the grass at the trail head.

Parking at Buck lake should not be a problem though. If hiking is your thing then you could take the blue blaze to the FT and go north or south on it.
    Last edited by moytoy; 01-22-2011 at 03:15.

Hammock
    DIY Silver Lining
    Tarp
    Need one.
    Insulation
    Gar-quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/huggers

Awesome time with awesome people

Folks I am having trouble finding words to describe the happiness my family and I are feeling after spending time at the Florida hang. Such a great welcoming and friendly group of people. I have never felt more at home with a group of relative "strangers" in my life.

In my karate travels I am thrust into these situations all the time. I manage one of the top sport karate teams in the world and we frequently have groups around us. But I have yet to get the feeling like I did today.

I'm not sure what I honestly expected but my wife, daughter and I really enjoyed ourselves. I got a lot of ideas looking at everyone's rigs. I really liked the "circle of stoves".

I look forward to the next event where hopefully we can stay.

TFC Rick
    Rick, Beth and Finley Rosenbaum
    Look up before you hook up!!
    Originally Posted by body942
    Me big. Me like hammockgear burrow. Long. Problems no. People good.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 in camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex camo

Thank You All For An Awesome Event!

Many of you are still at Buck Lake as I write this but I couldn't wait to say thank you! Typically my outdoor activities are solitary events because few people that I know are into the things that I do. I must say that I almost didn't go because I am really not into highly controlled organized events (like I THOUGHT this might be ). I was warmly greeted by Islander and some of the others who arrived before me, thank you for this. It became evident right away that the agenda was somewhat loosely organized with no pressure to participate in all that was going on ( another big plus from my point of view). Everyone was very friendly and there was a strong sense of fellowship.
    There is no way I can remember the names of all those I met let alone the screen names. So If I miss your name or get it wrong please forgive me and know I haven't forgotten your faces or the parts you played.

Thanks to Ed Hess awesome seafood dinner bro you hustled big time putting that together you're a one man army!

Thanks to...Terry and family for the fantastic gumbo awesome job!!!

Thanks to Islander for being a terrific host and for taking care of so many details. The patches are AWESOME! Way to go man you made everyone feel right at home!

This thank you goes out to the man who arranged (and paid for I'm told) for the huge pile of firewood. I know we had several very pleasant conversations bud but my brain cannot bring your name up to save my life ( was that Sunny-Trike?) Thanks to you for getting the firewood! You saved all of us a TON of time and work!

Thanks to all the others who cooked and did all of the other things that went into making this special. There was a lot done that was outside of my own narrow perspective.

LDCakes, it is evident that you have a lot of experience in the outdoors and your bubbly personality set a great atmosphere for the gatherings around the fire. Great job on your DIY stove btw!

Awesome job to the folks who did the beef stew! I did not get to sample all of the things that everyone cooked but my goodness I had no idea this event would be like this. Turns out I brought way too much food and other things to this event.

Flackfizer, Damifino, Edhess, Sunny's_Trike, and Islander, only you guys really know all of those who played all of the different parts in this event. Thanks to all of you for everything and again I know I missed a few but blame my over middle age memory and not my lack of appreciation.

I hope to get to know some of you guys a little better as individuals and would like to spend some time doing smaller get together's in more primitive venues. There is much we can learn from each other!

FANTASTIC EVENT! THANKS AGAIN!

Sincerely, Scott Hadley aka Woodmanfla

Look me up on face book if you like or you tube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/WoodmanFlorida?feature=mhum
    Last edited by WoodmanFla; 01-24-2011 at 19:59. Reason: name changes

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch's Speed hook
    Images

Talking

Ditto on everything Woodmanfla said! Also want to thank LDCakes for the great cooking, especially the peach cobbler, peach cake, chocolate cherry surprise, and all the other tasty dishes she came up with in her dutch ovens! Not only did I learn alot, I gained 5 pounds, which is impressive with the amount of hiking I did!

Thanks again Islander for putting this event together. Hope to see everyone again next event!