Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thank you

I would also like to thank you for the event. I was also hesitant to go but I showed up to see if there really was someone who liked hammock hanging like I do, and there is.What a great group of people!
    I also dont remember names well, especially when I meet so many at once. But I enjoyed all who I met. Also this event supplied me with my first Camping patch. Makes me feel like I'm back in boy scouts. I have already sewed it on my pack. Dont hesitate to plan another event in the south east. I will be there if I am able. Shame I could only stay friday night. Again....thank you all for a wonderful hang.
    Mafghine (the king size sheet hanger)

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lilricky View Post
    Ditto on everything Woodmanfla said! Also want to thank LDCakes for the great cooking, especially the peach cobbler, peach cake, chocolate cherry surprise, and all the other tasty dishes she came up with in her dutch ovens! Not only did I learn alot, I gained 5 pounds, which is impressive with the amount of hiking I did!

Thanks again Islander for putting this event together. Hope to see everyone again next event!
    Can't believe I missed this!!!!!
    Shug the Drooler
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'm sure I'll be back with more but my son is on me to setup a tent (I promised when I got home). He'd been sick since last Sat and wasn't able to make the trip with me so he and mom "camped" under the dining room table while I was gone.

I have to echo everyone's comments so far. What a fantastic group. I was thrilled with how well everyone clicked like we'd all known each other for years. There weren't any jerks, strong personalities, or whatever that can quickly degrade things in a large group like this. I had an absolute blast and I'm thrilled to death that I found out about the hang and was able to make it. I'm also grateful that I was able to stay through until today. Of course, I'm not so grateful that I have to go on a diet after all that incredible food.

For those that missed this you missed a super event! But don't worry, there will be more to come! Rick, very glad to meet you out there and sorry y'all couldn't stay longer. Hope your daughter is doing better.

I'm going to work on the pics as quickly as I can but I figured folks would be wanting to see the group shot. I didn't hear the official tally but I think it was near 50. Sorry to Chattanooga Chuck and anyone else we inadvertently missed in this shot.

Full Resolution (Right-click, Save)

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Well we got home not long ago. My family had a really great time! That's quite a feat when you have two 16 year old girls and no plumbing! Different from our usual camping experience, but great all the same.

Thanks to the organizers for putting this together. Islander, Flackfizer, Damifino, Edhess and Sunny's_Trike you all did a fabulous job!

Islander, the patch is Awesome! I'm going to make it my avatar as soon as I get it scanned.

Zukiguy thanks so much for the use of your double burner. It made making the gumbo easier.

Islander - Let me know when you plan to go to Fisheating Creek again. Tim and I would like to join you if plans allow.

My husband thinks I need a better HF handle. I'm going to leave it to all new friends to come up with something fitting.
    Last edited by Gumbo; 01-23-2011 at 17:51.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I have started a "Trip Report" thread here ...
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=27573

Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by terri View Post
    My husband thinks I need a better HF handle. I'm going to leave it to all new friends to come up with something fitting.
    I like Mad's moniker of "Gumbo Goddess". Or maybe Creole Queen.

Glad you started an after-action thread Mad.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe Zip
    Tarp
    HH HexFly
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Rings w/Caribiner
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxHiker View Post
    I like Mad's moniker of "Gumbo Goddess". Or maybe Creole Queen.
    I think Creole Queen is fitting, as I am betting that even though Terri's gumbo rates at the top of the list that has passed over my lips and taste buds. It is a good assumption that her other home cookin Cajun recipes are just as tasty. It was a pleasure visiting with you Terri and your very nice family.

Its all been said already what thoughts come to mind over this weekends event. But I would like to thank each and everyone who was there for being a part of this first time event. My sincere thanks goes out to Ed Hess and Islander (Mark) along with Flackfizer for making this great time possible. Thanks everyone for the wonderful food that was brought and prepared. Also thanks goes out to all the out of staters who made the trip.

In closing, since this was my first time outside my yard and the coldest temps I had experienced. I learned alot for future reference.

Again, thanks to everyone who came.

Hammock
    DW netless/JS Full net
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxHiker View Post
    Rick, very glad to meet you out there and sorry y'all couldn't stay longer. Hope your daughter is doing better.

Nice to meet you as well. Maybe we can organise some Jax events. I would like to get into some day hiking.
    She is fine, just didn't want to risk that cough turning into something worse. I guess I pass the parent test passing up something I really wanted to do for her. The kicker is she was really miffed we couldn't stay. She said "Daddy I'm not coughing, I'm just clearing my throat!" LOL It was very cute and she loves her new friend Hunter. He told her that his dad read on the web she was coming.

You would have thought she was a rock star

Again, blown away by you guys and gals and can't wait to be able to learn and enjoy with you in the future.

Rick
    Last edited by TFC Rick; 01-23-2011 at 20:54. Reason: Spelling
    Look up before you hook up!!
    Originally Posted by body942
    Me big. Me like hammockgear burrow. Long. Problems no. People good.

Hammock
    DH Roaming Gnome ACU/BLK 11'
    Tarp
    HG CF Hex Camo 12'
    Insulation
    JRB UQ Nest TQ NS
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thanks everyone, that was an awesome time, did I say awesome... Haha, anyway can't wait for the 2nd anaual Florida hang!

Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by TFC Rick View Post
    Nice to meet you as well. Maybe we can organise some Jax events. I would like to get into some day hiking.
    She is fine, just didn't want to risk that cough turning into something worse. I guess I pass the parent test passing up something I really wanted to do for her. The kicker is she was really miffed we couldn't stay. She said "Daddy I'm not coughing, I'm just clearing my throat!" LOL It was very cute and she loves her new friend Hunter. He told her that his dad read on the web she was coming.

You would have thought she was a rock star

Again, blown away by you guys and gals and can't wait to be able to learn and enjoy with you in the future.

Rick
    That'd be great. I was very pleased to see how many folks came down from Jax. I think we definitely have enough to at least get started with some local hikes.

She sounds exactly like my son. I was really disappointed that he couldn't make it. He was sick from last weekend all through the week and didn't get better until Fri night after I'd left (coincidence I'm sure). I'm sure the three of them would've had a blast together.

• + New Posts
  • Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast