Images

Texsport Hammock Deluxe Stand

Thinkin' about getting a hammock stand to use in my bedroom. Anyone had any experience with one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/Texsport-14263...3479909&sr=1-3

I'm thinkin' a nice comfy ENO hammock should go nicely with this.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow, Darian
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I'd be interested in what others recommend for a stand. I have been looking around myself and have no idea. The price range on these is wide. This is the best price I have seen though.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    Seems like a lot of folks here are using the Vario stand. There are threads on it here, do a search.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...B6NCF1VPBXGSRR

Hammock
    ENO, HH ULB, WBBB, GT
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    AHELR,Agnes,WInCub
    Suspension
    Cinch,Tglides,Whoo

Search hammock forums for Vario Stand.

Long dedicated thread for, what appears to be, the best stand out there/ YMMV. I own two Varios. Love them.

Hammock
    Eno double nest
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    UCRS
    Cheapest way out is just use some screw eyes, or pad eyes, and mount to the wall. Ive been haning off my walls for the last 6 months no problems at all. My first thoughts was to use a stand awell since I rent, but I love the fact that I can just stuff my hammock in stuff sack and have all that free space again.. I know alot of ppl are iffy about mounting into a stud, but after working a life as a contractor/construction/hanyman, It doesnt phase me one bit. Just make sure you mount in the center of the stud. Corners and the studs right next to a door are going to be the stronger. If your set on a stand building one would be fairly cheap and simple if you have the right tools. Either way you do it, you wont regret it. My hammock has replaced my livingroom couch, and bed (there still there, but I hardly use them)

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    About what level do you set your Eyebolts. I'm assuming you predrill, like the last 4 TV's I've mounted that way, but about what size eyebolt would you go with?

No, I've not hung a Hammock yet save a stand Hammock my inlaws used to have every summer, 20+ years ago. But I am presently looking at optional bed requirements for my house. The children have just moved out and although I went out and bought an Aerobed for the sons room so that my wife may finally sleep in piece, I worry about it's longevity. Sleeps great, just as good as the sleep number bed I moved off of. But I have 4 dogs and two cats and the airbags on this bed are it's sides. I may need to swing here quicker then I'd like to think. I have 12 foot from Window Frame to Door corner so I know those will support the structure.

Hammock
    Eno double nest
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    UCRS
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClean417 View Post
    About what level do you set your Eyebolts. I'm assuming you predrill, like the last 4 TV's I've mounted that way, but about what size eyebolt would you go with?

No, I've not hung a Hammock yet save a stand Hammock my inlaws used to have every summer, 20+ years ago. But I am presently looking at optional bed requirements for my house. The children have just moved out and although I went out and bought an Aerobed for the sons room so that my wife may finally sleep in piece, I worry about it's longevity. Sleeps great, just as good as the sleep number bed I moved off of. But I have 4 dogs and two cats and the airbags on this bed are it's sides. I may need to swing here quicker then I'd like to think. I have 12 foot from Window Frame to Door corner so I know those will support the structure.
    They are about 6 feet up, and 12 feet apart. I would say figure about 4 feet of drop from were you mount were youll end up. I used 3/8 screw eyes, and yes I predrilled, always use a drill bit smaller then your screw eye, you want it to do most of the "cutting" on the way in. Predrill is just to keep it straight and from prevent spliting. Aslo since its indoors, once you get it were you want it, make a special indoor suspension for it, I made some short woopie slings, this way im not "wearing" out my good outdoor gear, and I dont have extra cord dangling all over the place.

Hammock
    WBBB/DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    IX/MW3, Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Custom 2 RL
    I have the version of that stand that has the 2 bars on the sides instead of one under your back. Falling onto a single center bar is not fun (been there done that). Main complaint is that you have to be tight and flat before you get in or your on the ground with a WBBB.

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    I also have the older version with the knobs facing upward...and I paid $99 from including shipping...(can't remember, might have been The Hammock Company's headquarter company).

Make sure you get the newer version..knobs are on the side!!

I can hang the Switchback just fine.

• + New Posts