OK, so I have been lurking here for a few weeks before joining and want to say that for a forum, this place is one of the best places to come to get help from what I have been reading.
I recently purchased the Eureka Chrysalis and a Eureka Eagle Point Long (rated to -15F) I plan on doing some winter camping with some friends up in Long Lake New York at the end of February and decided on this set up.
I have never used a hammock to camp with and am looking forward to the experience. I like the idea that there is the possibility of a little swaying to help rock me to sleep at night. I also like that the chrysalis has the top so I don't have to worry about bugs and snow and whatever, and some heat retention.
some of my friends have already made the comments that I'm going to be in a bear burrito but I just laugh at them
Now for my Questions, (please excuse some of the things I list as there is so much to remember
1) Has anyone made an UnderQuilt for one yet?
2) Will I need an underquilt if I have a space blanket, blue closed cell pad and an self inflating ground pad in the Hammock?
3) Where would I find Climashield, Insultex, Thermadrape, If I wanted to make an underquilt using any of them?
4) What is the difference between the Rip Stop Nylon that I can get at my local Jo Ann Fabrics (Its a local fabric store here in the Northeast) and any of the places listed here.
5) If I went with Down for an underquilt, How "thick" should I make it for a night with expected temps from +20 to a minn of -20?
6) I have a 20 Degree bag that I can stuff into my -15 bag to add some extra heat and was wondering what that might get me to in terms of temp rating?
I'm sure that I will have many more questions as time progress but I think that this is enough for tonight (and it 12:04am here on the east cost).
P.S. Thanks for bringing me here Shug. I'm still learning from your Vids on youtube. Keep up the good work.