Tarp
    DIY Sil Hex
    Insulation
    Frankenpad
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images

Search Help

HF has a lot of great things to offer, but I don't think that the search function is really one of them. It seems like a lot of people have trouble finding threads they are looking for or certain information and I haven't had much luck either when using the HF search. I just wanted to share a technique that has worked well for me and may help others.

It's real simple. All you do is open a tab or window to a google search. In the search bar, type whatever you were hoping to find on HF along with the words hammock forums. This will usually leave the thread you're looking for on the top of the results.

Hope this might help some people.
    ------------------------------------------------------

CBS (Cold Butt Stephen)

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Butt Stephen View Post
    HF has a lot of great things to offer, but I don't think that the search function is really one of them. It seems like a lot of people have trouble finding threads they are looking for or certain information and I haven't had much luck either when using the HF search. I just wanted to share a technique that has worked well for me and may help others.

It's real simple. All you do is open a tab or window to a google search. In the search bar, type whatever you were hoping to find on HF along with the words hammock forums. This will usually leave the thread you're looking for on the top of the results.

Hope this might help some people.
    I've had that happen quite often when searching Google for ancillary information on a topic.
    2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    This has been mentioned quite a few times. If you enter "site:hammockforums.net" at the end of your search term on Google, it will work best.

The HF search works just fine, but you can't use generic terms like 'underquilt' or 'tarp', because they are used too frequently. Instead, you have to be very specific and thoughtful about the search.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Senior Member Cold Butt Stephen's Avatar
    Hammock
    SL 1.1 oz DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Hex
    Insulation
    Frankenpad
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    I wasn't trying to say that the HF search didn't work, but I haven't had great luck with it. It seems to me that it doesn't prioritize the results very well, but maybe it's just me.

Anyways, I was just trying to make a suggestion for people that may not have thought of that. Adding the site stipulation is definitely a way to make it even better.
    ------------------------------------------------------

CBS (Cold Butt Stephen)

• + New Posts