Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 9X9
    Insulation
    Wiggy's UQ & SB
    Suspension
    straps, PL on RL
    Images

Firework hang

New years eve. Just me and the wifey tonight. Waiting for midnight. Four hours to go. Wait a minute, it's 30 degrees outside and we've been sub-zero for weeks! I'm watching some fireworks from the hammock in the back yard. They were legal just for tonight and everybody had 'em. They echoed off the face of the mountain across the river. Didn't even have to bend my neck to see them. I knew I needed a hammock without a built in bug net.

Happy New Year from Alaska!

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Happy New Year to you. I, after fighting a cold for the better part of two weeks, finally found an over the counter medication that seems to have drained to the point of normal, non pinging hearing with no pressure in my eardrums.

It's also made me an insomniac. I put my Grand daughter to bed at 10:30 and after cleaning up the living room and emails a bit, laid down and realized somewhere around 11:30 I wasn't going to sleep, so I watched the Sewing primer by RamblinRev in it's entirety.

I could have used the sleep or some fireworks but I will use the knowledge gained.

Anyways at 14 degrees here and no known displays last night, I wasn't going to venture out amongst the amateurs.

Have a prosperous new year.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClean417 View Post
    Happy New Year to you. I, after fighting a cold for the better part of two weeks, finally found an over the counter medication that seems to have drained to the point of normal, non pinging hearing with no pressure in my eardrums.

It's also made me an insomniac. I put my Grand daughter to bed at 10:30 and after cleaning up the living room and emails a bit, laid down and realized somewhere around 11:30 I wasn't going to sleep, so I watched the Sewing primer by RamblinRev in it's entirety.

I could have used the sleep or some fireworks but I will use the knowledge gained.

Anyways at 14 degrees here and no known displays last night, I wasn't going to venture out amongst the amateurs.

Have a prosperous new year.
    Please tell ..... what is the over the counter med??? Fighting a head cold here.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Dang 12 hour Non-Drowsy Sudafed. I could have followed that puppy up right there with a couple or three Benedryl's. Generally, when you take a sleeping pill it is in fact 50 mg of Diphenhydramine, a double dose of allergy medication. So, take two Benedryl's because they're 25 mg. Big guy like me, take 3 sometimes 4.

However I had three of these Pseudoephedrine Hydrocholrides in me. Now, unlike the Diphenhydramine that they put in other cold medicines or the ephedrine that they try to cook Meth out of. That or like Nyquil where they just use 25% alcohol. That would be the May cause Drowsiness cold medicine. If they want you to be Non Drowsy, they put caffeine in it. But this stuff is different, it doens't make you drowsy hence no caffiene listed on the box. Normally it has no effect. But I also started a blood pressure medication last month and although I don't see anything listed on it, I wonder if it isn't an interaction with that. Under times of heavy stress I'll not be able to sleep, little more than most folks, I'd be awake for days.

But I'm not stressed. It's possible I had my mind focused on the forum and learning new stuff. But when I layed down originally all I was thinking about was a warm, snuggley Grand Daughter and that's a time tested formula for sleep right there.

Anyways, at 2 pills I didn't get much relief. At 3 I was able to hear normally for the first time in almost two weeks. About to reduce that back to 2 as it's time now. Hopefully I'm over the hump.

Watched the quick Hammock build on Youtube, snuck an old sheet out of the pile in the closet, It's still a little short but fits nicer then the Nylon web. Thinking about sleeping in it tonight. Going to have to move my Eyebolts though. I just have enough distance where it's hanging BUT the treadmill is in the way of the TV. Bummer dude. And I have to let the air out of the air bed or my rear rubs it. Comfy though.

Problem with this stuff, as with all the cold medicines any more, is you have to talk to the Pharmacist as they keep it behind the counter at Walmart and they log your info, just in case your buying a box or two at every Walmart in town.

The learn how to make meth out of water we will all die of thirst to save ourselves.

Hammock
    BIAS WW
    Tarp
    CF
    Insulation
    GLP 3/4 special
    Suspension
    DG whoops/huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Please tell ..... what is the over the counter med??? Fighting a head cold here.
    Shug
    Hey shug, load up on garlic. natural anti-viral remedy.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Yea, I wish that worked for me. I've been eating Vitamin C like crazy for the last 6 months, still get colds. Supposed to help burn fat. Well if that's whats lost me the what, 14 pounds, then I'll keep eating it.

Makes me wonder why I'm doing all that treadmill work if the Vitamin C is doing it though.

And 2 hours ago I did take 2 of the Sudafed as I was starting to stuff up again. Laid back and watched videos by this 52 year old Ginger tracker. Well ya gotta do something. I have gaps so some of it was sleeping time in the cheap hammock. My sides are two tall, could hardly get out. I think it's a king size sheet instead of a queen. I wonder, do I need to pull material out of the center, fold it over before gathering? I did get the tv thing figured out though. It IS on a swival wall mount, Rotated it from in front of the treadmill to in front of the hammock. The miracles of modern science.

You know I've drifted just about enough on this here thread. Maybe I outta go out and start one of my own. Doesn't help that I ramble normally but get me just a wee bit tired and wow!

• + New Posts