WBBB 1.7 Dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator / Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I'm based in brisbane.

what happened to your tarp? Did you get a tear near one of the tieout points?

the JRB quilts are great quilts, many members here seem very happy with their JRB quilts, and the convertible one is a pretty neat design.

They are expensive, but I figure, if it will work more efficiently than a sleeping bag (due to bottom being compressed), and being lighter, and I get enough use from it, then its worth the money to me.

Plus another advantage I see is that a 3 season quilt from many of the makers here on HF are made for American Seasons, up in Brisbane, it never gets cold enough to warrant a seperate winter quilt, so I can use my 3 season quilt for all 4 seasons. So I need to only buy the one quilt.

Hammock
    wb traveler/bb 1.1d, hh scua, gt ul
    Tarp
    ogee+zpack diamond
    Insulation
    jrb/hg downs+hh ss
    Suspension
    webbing+whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JCK View Post
    I'm based in brisbane.

what happened to your tarp? Did you get a tear near one of the tieout points?
    that's it!

Quote Originally Posted by JCK View Post
    the JRB quilts are great quilts, many members here seem very happy with their JRB quilts, and the convertible one is a pretty neat design.

They are expensive, but I figure, if it will work more efficiently than a sleeping bag (due to bottom being compressed), and being lighter, and I get enough use from it, then its worth the money to me.

Plus another advantage I see is that a 3 season quilt from many of the makers here on HF are made for American Seasons, up in Brisbane, it never gets cold enough to warrant a seperate winter quilt, so I can use my 3 season quilt for all 4 seasons. So I need to only buy the one quilt.
    i agree w/ your reasoning, a 3s quilt is ok for vic even (minus the alpine region in winter), but you are definitely on the safe side :-)

i saw you are using crows nest, so i checked hammockgear.com & they have neat stuff, but i think there are not many uq choices for hennessy-style entrance hammocks - specifically the larger ones like the survivor - even the jrb nest is designed for the HH Ultralite Backpacker A-sym, which is smaller.

i know many quiltmakers do custom jobs, i just didn't ask around yet.

also there is always diy. in july i'm visiting hungary, maybe i can find some of that famous goose down? i would probably end up in a carantine when back?!

another way would be to fit zippers on the bugnet and then i can pick whichever quilt i fancy.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12