Tarp
    OES Sil MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY Karo TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
    Thanks so much for posting this link. I'm recovering from knee replacement surgery, and this looks like a great resource for me.
    KJ
    Yeah, poles would be right up your alley then. I've used them for the last couple of trips and they help immensely with stability on the trail.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    OES Sil MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY Karo TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Skipper View Post
    I have had a pair of "cheap" Sojourns, which have served me well for 3 years now. One broke and I bought a replacement (they are sold as singles from Academy).

However, after checking out my sister's Lekis, I decided I wanted something better than what I had. I ended up with a set of Black Diamond Ergo Corks for Christmas. I used them for a trek down Stone Mountain last week. They worked very nice, being a 1/2 pound lighter than my Sojourns, which I have now passed down to my son.
    Those are great poles. I have a ton of confidence in the flick-locks over the twist variety. They seem pretty much indestructible. I still keep a couple of hose clamps in my repair kit, just in case though... I've put my whole weight on these poles (250lbs with pack) several times to save myself from a fall. These things are strong.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234