Hi all. Here's my dilemma. I have about 10 acres of land but its all field without trees. I would like to either make or purchase a hammock stand but it would have to fall within certain criteria.

1. I need to be able to put it up and take it down as the wife doesn't want it as a permanent fixture in the yard.

2. It need's to break apart in such a way so that storage takes up a small foot print.

3. I would like to be able to set this up on different areas of my property.

Doing a few searches on the forum for hammock stands I've come across several ingenious designs. One stood out given my circumstances but for the life of me I can't seem to find it now to link to. I think it may have been posted by Warbonnet.

Anyway I drew a little sketch to give you guy's an idea of what I was thinking. Forgive me I’m no artist.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The ground anchors are from American Ground Anchors. I believe someone recommended these in the thread that I can't seem to find now. These seem like a nice option because they screw in and out of the ground easily. They also have a flat head that can be screwed flush to the ground so I could remove the poles and cables and leave these in the ground.

I would have to ability to mow over the tops of them without worrying about hitting them with the mower blades.

The two poles can easily be stored vertically along the wall in the garage occupying a small footprint.

What size aluminum pole (1 1/2", 2", etc) do you think I need to safely pull this off?

To anyone who has built something similar, how has it worked out for you?

Thanks for your input guys.

Tim