Hello HF. So I'd like to organize the first Annual Hike and Hang Shake Down at Green Ridge State Forest. Green Ridge State Forest is located near Cumberland MD right below the border of Northern PA. I plan on hiking the 45 mile loop between 4/20-4/25 covering 10-12 miles (4 nights 5 days apx.) a day of moderate to hard hiking and camping in the designated back country camp sites which are located apx. every 10 miles (4 shelters throughout the loop as well). This is primitive wilderness camping with clearly marked white blaze trails with numerous ways to access the trail loop allowing anyone to come for any length of time and have a designated spot at night to meet up with group. I know that often times we do a group hang but I thought this would be a fun new (I think new) great idea. The objective would be that groups or individuals can hike during the day together in what ever fashion they desire and all camp toogether at night discussion gear and the day's event. This is intended to be a non-car camping trip to see what others back pack with. I know that not everyone hikes at the same pace which is why I though it be cool to go about it this way cause it allows people to HYOH but meet up with the group on the 4-5 nights out in the woods (some planning still needs to be done but wanted to see if their was any interest in it first before I stated planning on my own). I know its right after the Spring MAHA and in the total opposite direction so I don't know how many can or would attend but I'm a teacher and this is when I have spring break so I wanted to open it up to the group. I do plan on still attending the Spring MAHA as well. So if people are down please respond to this thread with any Ideas/suggestions. I am pretty flexible on the planing side but cant start the hike till Wednesday night due to Passover Seder being on Monday and Tuesday night. This also allows people a couple of days after the MAHA to get back home and gather up what gear they need for the hike/hang. So post if interested. And hope this becomes one of our new Annual hangs.
LRR