Quote Originally Posted by smalls View Post
Does the JRB bridge use some kind of shaping technique to increase the pocket size for a pad, or is it just that they make it particularly wide to accommodate the pad?

-Smalls
Pan will have to answer for sure, but I'm not aware of any special shaping. As far as I can tell it is just an extra 26" wide sewn on layer, deep enough to handle up to 3" of pad thickness ( which would tame some pretty frigid temps). A pad works better in this pad pocket than with any other hammock I have tried a pad in, BY FAR. Also a good bit better than a Speer SPE. Probably due to the flatness of the hammock. It may not be as comfy overall as using the BMBH with a JRB MW4, especially for some people who really hate pads in a hammock. But in one way, the pad actually improves comfort, by "widening" (so to speak) the BMBH, giving a bit more shoulder room.

I would not characterize the JRB bridge as "particularly wide" in any way.
While (IMO) being the most comfortable commercial hammock from the waist down, it has no where near the shoulder room ( width) as most GE hammocks. It has enough for me to be comfortable, but I would never call it "wide".