another newby ??????

well i finally got to get my hammock set up ........seems as it came with 2 tarps i have the epedition model 1 tarp is that color then the other is a money green.......hex tarp maybe its a whole lot bigger then the one that matches the hammock......................im assuming this is better

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Wow! That was quick. Welcome to the forum.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    welcome to HF blackedoutcoupe.
    is that a HH you have? if so, i'm not so familiar w/ those. i'll have to let one of the others answer your questions on that. ...tim
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Bigger means more coverage and more weight. Whether that's good or bad depends on your style and whether or not you want to carry the weight.

Lots of folks on the various forums upgrade to bigger tarps. I bet lots of hammockers who aren't on the forums (and a few who are) are quite happy with the smaller one. Like I said, it just depends on your style.

Welcome to HF!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

i was already on here thats how im fast.............lol anyways i think ill stick with the bigger tarp as i like the more coverage,maybe summer camping would b ok but i dunno...............on my snake skins do i just roll the hammock or can i roll the hammock and tarp ..........

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Most folks roll the hammock only (or hammock and underquilt), then store the tarp separately. I put mine in an outer pack pocket so I can set up my tarp separately when it's raining and never have to expose my pack to the rain. Then I'm nice and dry while I set up the hammock from under the tarp.

Then in the morning, I take down my hammock and pack up everything from under my tarp. Last thing I do is take down the tarp and stuff it away, then start hiking.

Plus, storing the tarp separately means you don't store your wet tarp with your dry hammock in the snakeskins.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

ahhh i c i have so much to learn well i laid around in it for a bit today and to tell the truth i dont think i will ever sleep on the ground again im gonna try to sleep in it tomm. night see how things go,,,,,,,,

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Yeah - hammocking is a new set of skills to learn. But remember all the skills you had to learn for regular ground camping? There was a learning curve there, too. So if you find something that makes you uncomfortable or cold or whatever, don't get frustrated. Just look at it as a new skill that you need to figure out, and accept the challenge.

And come back here and post your problem....some has probably already experienced the same thing and will tell you how they fixed it, then ten more people will chime in with sixteen more ideas. Pick one and move on to the next problem!

And have fun while you're doing it!

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Welcome to the hanging gang..... Start "learning" in your back yard or some place with back up gear or a bail out plan.... especially since you get to start in the winter season.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

• + New Posts