Do you think those 'Tiny Home Movement' people will ever realize that they've invented, the mobile home? I drive past a couple smaller mobile homes then that woman is bragging about. They just didn't stick em in someone else's backyard. Ah well, what the hey.

I too have experienced, limited, your Cat problem as I have 4 dogs and 2 of the non dogs with the wife and I. It usually is a constant juggling act. Go to sleep with a couple dogs and wake up with a change in dogs and a cat or two. The cats could definitely and HAVE used the hammock and me already. They're no big deal and present no big difference then they do on the bed. The Dogs are a little different. My oldest two, beagles, just look at me funny and then go over to the deflated air bed, curling up on the covers. My Yorkie doesn't understand I'm still in the room but when I pick her up and snuggle her in it's fine. Juice ways 40-50 pounds, that's a whole lotta swing.

As far as guests, I've got to figure they'd feel just as comfortable in a hammock that reacts individually to them, then a safety net suspended over a drop. I've no qualms sitting in a hammock. For some reason every time I walk on a cargo net, my feet cramp. Just can't tell them to act naturally, they think they have to grip the net through my shoes. It's weird that I've actually had experience on such things. In Branson, MO they have a wonderful place called Silver Dollar City. It's cool, crafty, hill billy, fun. One of their childrens section is Tom Sawyer land (or was, my children are long grown) and they had a whole treehouse section with cargo and smaller netting on it. I watched parents and children just running around on the stuff. My feet somehow always managed to find their way between the gaps. Got the hang of it, but eash.

I'd much rather have a hammock. My wife would request a nearby hotel.

If you decide to go the Macreme way, my sister made herself a hammock back in high school art class (mid 70's). It was not an overly complicated task that I'm sure you would be able to complete. There's books in the library and probably sites on the internet devoted to Macreme projects.

Can't wait to see pictures of what you come up with.

ps. Wasn't Ted Kaczynski the founding father of the TinyHouse idea? What a leader for a movement.