Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Mighty fine rig pizza. Sweet for the winter here for sure.
    I noticed that you lost some audio at 2:40ish .... I think it is an iMovie 11 bug. If you detach the audio from the clip it is a good work-around. I use control/click on the clip and you will get the options.
    Good job on the video!!!
    Shug
    Yeah, that was just my rookie video editing Shug and was actually done on purpose. I muted the audio in that section. I probably should have just edited the video out too or at least inserted some music or something there. I've since gone back in and added some text at that spot to point out that nothing important is being missed there.
    Last edited by pizza; 01-16-2011 at 09:38. Reason: added more info

Images
    i got mine in '08 with sewn on. maple uses it and would like the zip-off ones. other then removable doors are them the same. maybe i could trade with someone. blue in color
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    very Nice hopefully they will decide to continue I want to get mine sewed on but would have to wait till summer

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Just thought I'd add a few more thoughts on this mod. I received a question from another member how I liked the doors on the Superfly closing straight across flat on the ends rather than angling outwards in vestibule fashion. It looks to me like the new Superfly tarps Warbonnet sells now with permanent doors are designed more to be pitched outwards like the vestibule style door mod 2Q & ZQ offer on the MacCat Deluxe tarp. The removable door kit is really designed to close straight across. They kind of can be angled outwards like a vestibule but you won't get full closure that way like you get running them straight across. A thing to keep in mind is that the Superfly is I believe termed by Brandon at Warbonnet as a "Hex cut" style tarp vs. a "Cat cut" style tarp like the OES MacCat tarps. The Cat cuts angle in much more extreme than the hex cut of the Superfly so honestly you really don't need the extra space by not having vestibule style doors.

Hammock
    Eno, HH, DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Winter Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by pizza View Post
    Just thought I'd add a few more thoughts on this mod. I received a question from another member how I liked the doors on the Superfly closing straight across flat on the ends rather than angling outwards in vestibule fashion. It looks to me like the new Superfly tarps Warbonnet sells now with permanent doors are designed more to be pitched outwards like the vestibule style door mod 2Q & ZQ offer on the MacCat Deluxe tarp. The removable door kit is really designed to close straight across. They kind of can be angled outwards like a vestibule but you won't get full closure that way like you get running them straight across. A thing to keep in mind is that the Superfly is I believe termed by Brandon at Warbonnet as a "Hex cut" style tarp vs. a "Cat cut" style tarp like the OES MacCat tarps. The Cat cuts angle in much more extreme than the hex cut of the Superfly so honestly you really don't need the extra space by not having vestibule style doors.
    Good comment, I was wondering about that...

I just got my new version Superfly and i was wondering if it would be nice to have the ability to fold the doors back with a toggle or two...It look cleaner to me, and to my novice eye, an easy add....

Wish i could have posted this earlier. But work, and weather (tree toppling winds) have prevented me getting outside.

Anywhooo...I was bestowed the honor of having my Superfly modded by ZQ. As usual her work is top notch.

Living in a wet corner of the Pacific North West rain season lasts from January 1st to December 31st. As such the Superfly is my go to tarp to keep me dry. What i found is that i always packed my removable doors everywhere.
    While i see removable doors has its place, it's not for me.
    During strong winds i have had them blow off.
    Ever try to install the doors at twilight, or via head lamp. I have really good night vision, but i'm willing to bet good money the the majority of the population cannot see the difference between dark grey and black in the dark, including me.
    And finally i'm not one to bother with spending the time neatly wrapping up the shock cords, and just cram the doors in the stuff sack. Well this means untangling all the shock cords, again not an easy task in the dark.
    Sewn on doors solve a lot of fussing for me.

I see on 2QZQ's new web site there are now officially offering the mod.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12