Hammock
    DH Sparrow,Superior
    Tarp
    UGQ 12'
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle

Crossing over from NE Pa

My Husband and myself have been Tent Campers for quite awhile.Due to my failure to slow Ol' Man' Time,my body is protesting being on the ground at this point in time.I have decided to try Hammock Camping,with the hope,that it will diminish the discomfort of laying on the padded ground. I love reading about Hanging,and hoping to learn as much as I can. Assembling some light weight items to take to the woods,is daunting to say the least.So many choices! God Bless!
    Terry/Diane

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Terry&Diane, for y’all’s comfort, get gathered end hammocks 11x5 feet minimum.
    Some experienced hammock campers like their hammocks shorter, but many find short hammocks to have comfort problems.
    With real short hammocks, person has to lay straight in line with hammock, like a banana, and can’t get a flatter diagonal lay.
    And with hammocks a bit longer, but still shorter than 11 feet, many hammock campers experience Calf Ridge Pressure, CRP happens hahaha.

Both banana lay and CRP can make sleeping overnight in hammock uncomfortable.

Many vendors on Hammock Forums make hammocks 11x5 feet. Most hammocks sold in big box stores and sporting goods stores are much shorter than 11 feet long.

Y’all will need insulation, both under and top insulation.
    Watch Shug’s instructional series of YouTube videos, on hammock insulation, how to hang your hammock, pitching your tarp. He has about 10 to 15 short videos that are both chock full of information and entertainment.

Good luck and Welcome

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Y’all might want to go to a group hang. There you will see many different hammocks. Be ready to drink coffee and swap lies.
    So many hammocks will give you a crash course in hammockology, while meeting good people!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Enjoy the cross-over...but take heed the Hammock Learning Curve.
    Be patient and enjoy the journey to hammock-villa. Comfort awaits~~
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Sam View Post
    My Husband and myself have been Tent Campers for quite awhile.Due to my failure to slow Ol' Man' Time,my body is protesting being on the ground at this point in time.I have decided to try Hammock Camping,with the hope,that it will diminish the discomfort of laying on the padded ground. I love reading about Hanging,and hoping to learn as much as I can. Assembling some light weight items to take to the woods,is daunting to say the least.So many choices! God Bless!
    Terry/Diane
    The choices can definitely be overwhelming. Part of the problem is that it can be as simple or complicated as you want to make it. Stick with it and learn the terminology. I started with a very inexpensive hammock in the back yard just to see if this was something I wanted to pursue. Good luck and enjoy the journey.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow,Superior
    Tarp
    UGQ 12'
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Thanks everyone! Shug,I have been watching all your video content that i have found thus far,and I must say that to me,it has been valuable and entertaining.Well done Sir! You just stay secure in sector 7,Lol! Out of all the things that I should worry about in a Winter Hang, the Head scratchier for me is trying to figure out how to keep my Coffee Hot. I'll come up with something! Lol!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Sam View Post
    Thanks everyone! Shug,I have been watching all your video content that i have found thus far,and I must say that to me,it has been valuable and entertaining.Well done Sir! You just stay secure in sector 7,Lol! Out of all the things that I should worry about in a Winter Hang, the Head scratchier for me is trying to figure out how to keep my Coffee Hot. I'll come up with something! Lol!
    A good thermos or reflective cozies will do that.
    https://youtu.be/gWJhPp2Rdjc
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts