Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images

Up'Grades on the Winter Incubator?????

I got one of the first Winter Incubators and was wondering what changes have been made in the new ones? Are they still tappered on the ends? What can I do to up'grade mine, if these up'grades make it better? I like up'grades and I like if I can make it better, Better! Adam, I hope Dyehard get's his for the weekend then I can see for myself Bankheadboy
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior
    Getting old is not for sissies! My mother in law Opal!
    It's me It's me It's Mr.T

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    I have a winter Phoenix which Adam told me was like his 40th quilt made and a year later got a Summer Phoenix and comparing the two UQ I do not see any difference in the quality or craftsmanship of either of them. They appear to be identical with the exception of I think the shock cord may be different widths no biggie could even be wrong about it. The only up grades that I have seen from Adam is with the Burrows, he used to put the draw string at the end of the quilt with shock cord, now he has a draw string in the center of the quilt. The centering of the draw string on the burrow was a big improvement. As for the incubator I don't own an original and haven't received mine yet in the mail (just a few more finishing touches before its done) then I will be able to compare my Phoenix's with the Incubator. But overall I believe the design of Phoenix and Incubator pretty much stayed the same in regards to dimensions, stuff etc. But maybe Adam can chime in and shed some more light on this one.

OOHH and yes the ends are still tapered. I believe the only reason for square quilts is so they can double as a Top and Bottom quilt, some one correct me if I'm wrong however
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    Well I haven't had the chance to hang in my new winter incubator , but did notice one thing is there is no tag on it identifying it was made by stormcrow or hammockgear and was shocked to see that not making less quality product but would think adam would want his signature on it.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Ultralite w/Zipper Mod
    Tarp
    HH Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps/Dutch Clips
    I got an email this morning saying that mine had shipped! Yippee! It said it was shipped Next Day so I'm hoping that even with the snow still on some of the roads I will still get it tomorrow. Oh and Bankheadboy......you can see it but I'm not swapping with you. Ha Ha.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
    R. J. Wiedemann Lt Col. USMC Ret.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Id be interested to see what conclusions this comparison comes out to be. Pics of both would be awesome.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Id be interested to see what conclusions this comparison comes out to be. Pics of both would be awesome.
    I'll make that happen this weekend. ALRIGHT Dyehard!!!! I'll try not to take it down while your sleeping! Mine's better anyway!!
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images

Pictures of New & old Incubator

The blue one is Dyehards the new one and the grayish one is mine the old one. As you can see the blue one is different from mine. The baffiels on the new one is about 3" wide and the old one is 5" wide. The new one has more tie outs. I added more on the old one. The old one has lots more shock cord that I need to cut off. I got the trangle thinggies and tryed not to use the shockcord that runs down the UQ but got a cold spot and got up and hooked each end up and the cold spot went away. The quality of the UQ's are the same (Super) The new one does not have the StormCrow tag and it looks like he has gone to a single stich sewing machine. Dyehard had his adjusted on the ends so I could not tell if he still tappers the ends of the UQ? Dyehard and I both have the trangle thinggies and we like the way they work. We hooked them up about a foot and a half from the ends of the UQ which seems to work well. It got down to 27 degrees with a light wind blowing and we had about 3-5 inches of snow on the ground. I got luckey and found two trees under a bluff hangover. I hope this helps?
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts