Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE

Tent Killer

Okay,

So I know the LNTers will want to hang me up for this one, but here goes.

A few summes ago I was doing a gruelling summer hike (Della Falls). It was gruelling because it opened up and poured wetting the shale and soaking everything. I injured my knee and on the way back down things got dicey. So I picked up my $20 Walmart cheapey tent and pitched it way off the trail.

Yes the truth of the matter still haunts me. Needless to say the tent gods have been haunting me ever since. Karma ran right over my dogma. I haven't had a pleasant tent experience since. I am even toying with going back to see if I can recover the thing to see if I can find some redemption.

So yes, I will accept the label Tent Killer, it is a title of shame that I confess I deserve.

Hammock
    Stuffed Dart (Winter)
    Tarp
    destroyer aeromod
    Insulation
    RB Fleece no fill
    Suspension
    scrap straps
    I used to work for a program that takes kids, sent to us by their P.O., out hiking and camping on weekends to get them off the street. I recieved the name by catching the kids breaking the rules... they never hear me coming through the woods.
    One weekend, on our way up to our site, there was a new kid on the bus that was told to watch out for Stalker. He would not shut up the whole ride up that I would never catch him and that he would know where I was. That night I went out with another councelor to check on the kids and the kid was shouting from his tent " I see you Stalker". Now the kids had tents on platforms in the woods while we had a cabin. I sent the other councelor up the north path as I went through the woods to the south. The kid, still shouting, was soooo wrong thinking I was to the north. I get behind his tent and peek in. He's sitting in his sleeping bag on the front edge of the platform. I slip into the tent and cover the mouth of the other kid and tell him to be quiet. I get right behind the loud mouth and snort like a bear real loud! The kid started screaming and trying to run, only to run his bag to the ground then sprint to the cabin yelling "BEAR!" It was so funny I almost wet myself! After that I never heard a peep out of him for the rest of the weekends he was there.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Just an old dog learning new tricks.

I always wanted to be a pirate but was born a few hundred years too late. I fish and guide on the rivers here so when considering a name for my business and a name on fishing web sites, I came up with this.

Hammock
    Warbonnet blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    StormCrowIncubator
    Suspension
    DIY Strap
    Because every piece of gear I have tends to be as my hiking buddies call it "High Class" they don't want me to forget I'm still a country boy with a burlap sack.
    I LIVE FOR THE DAY AFTER TWO DAYS BEFORE TOMORROW.

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    I used to work for a program that takes kids, sent to us by their P.O., out hiking and camping on weekends to get them off the street. I recieved the name by catching the kids breaking the rules... they never hear me coming through the woods.
    One weekend, on our way up to our site, there was a new kid on the bus that was told to watch out for Stalker. He would not shut up the whole ride up that I would never catch him and that he would know where I was. That night I went out with another councelor to check on the kids and the kid was shouting from his tent " I see you Stalker". Now the kids had tents on platforms in the woods while we had a cabin. I sent the other councelor up the north path as I went through the woods to the south. The kid, still shouting, was soooo wrong thinking I was to the north. I get behind his tent and peek in. He's sitting in his sleeping bag on the front edge of the platform. I slip into the tent and cover the mouth of the other kid and tell him to be quiet. I get right behind the loud mouth and snort like a bear real loud! The kid started screaming and trying to run, only to run his bag to the ground then sprint to the cabin yelling "BEAR!" It was so funny I almost wet myself! After that I never heard a peep out of him for the rest of the weekends he was there.
    OMG! that's friggen' hilarious!!
    my screen name is my first name and my second and third initials, J and T, spelled out
    Debi

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ Potomac
    Suspension
    Whoopie & Wood Tog
    I'm a police officer at the South Carolina State House/Capital Building.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123