Warbonnet SuperFly
    Insulation
    3 Season Incubator
    Suspension
    DiY Whoopie Slings
    Images

Thumbs up 1st Potomac hang...

Well I have to say… I am amazed.

Not only is the customer service just fantastic; I had changed my mind about the color of the UQ a couple of days after placing the order (1/3), but I still ended up getting my order the following Monday (1/10).

When I unpacked the quilt, it was truly a piece of art (very, very well made).

I was able to hang it this weekend and take it for a test drive in the backyard. After about 15 minutes of fussing with it, on my Hennessy Expedition Classic, I got it to seal fairly well. I was able to get into the Hennessey, via the bottom entry, without too much fussing and the UQ snapped back into place once I was inside.

I am still getting used to the Hennessy as well, been using a DiY gathered end for over a year now. While I cannot say I had the UQ adjusted perfect, there were a few gaps at the head and the side, I was amazed as to how well the UQ fit. It was setup well enough to where I fell asleep and didn’t wake up till about 630 this morning (I also had my GoLite 3 season TQ with me). While last night’s temps only dipped into the high forties, I was very comfortable in my sweats.

If anyone has any photos of their setups and any tips on hanging the UQ snuggly on an Expedition, I would be more than appreciative.
    "My happiness grows in direct proportion to my acceptance, and in inverse proportion to my expectations.

Acceptance is the key to everything."

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x10
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac
    Suspension
    Whoopies

I have since made some triangle "thingys" to help with suspensions sag by morning. Mine is a side zip, so I'm not certain if the triangles will make it more difficult to enter from the bottom. The Potomac fits the Expedition like a glove.
    Just tighten up the shock cords till she's snug. Don't over tighten the ends, your body weight will tend to close up a bit of a gap there.

Blair
    " I have not yet begun to procrastinate!"

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images

Potomac with bottom entry HH BPUL

I, too, have just gotten a Potomac UQ. Hung in the basement last night. I had difficulty getting the uq to snug up under my butt after entering the HH.
    It was great around my shoulders and feet, but there was about 2-3 inch space under the butt. Any tips on getting that middle portion to snug up will be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    Bumping this thread...

I am having the same problem as Jcavenagh and I was wondering if anybody had an answer to his question? I have a down TQ and my bottom is cold while my top is waaaarm! Please help! Thanks!

2 things off the top of my head that MIgHT work are

1) Your quilt, since it is long and "heavy" it will want to accordian and dip away from you at the lowest point, your butt. You could add some prussicks to the suspension and quilt try to keep it stretched out.

2) Adding a grossgrain loop in the middle of the foot end and attatching some shock cord to it and then attatching it to your beaner/nitize may help tighten up the loose material.

Hope this helps, those were both 2 issues Adam had with his inc and those are essentially 2 ways people fixed them before his new design

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    Thanks Slo, I'll give it a try.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Different quilt but I have the New River with Deep Winter upgrade...a pretty bulky UQ. I found that Paul's Triangle Thingies were needed to snug it up well and now no problems. Recently did an overnighter on the upper Kern with no issues of sag. I would think that the HH "birth canal" entry will work fine with the shock corded TTs but then YMMV.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    My DJ is a zip hammock so that's not a problem. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll prolly make a pair. I'm thinking of selling this quilt and my WBB to get a HG custom Incubator. Nothing beats down! I loooooooooooove my Burrow! As for packing size with this quilt, it pack down pretty small, smaller than a CCF pad for sure.

• + New Posts