1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    oh before I forget... I did try something that didn't work out and I wanted to bring it to your attention so you dont try it.

I own a pair of down socks from Nunatak (converted teanaway booties). I got a pair of goosefeet down socks bootie shells with some OCF padded bottoms to convert them from sleeping socks to booties in the winter. Basically a failure. Warm when you are sitting in the hammock and when you venture briefly to go to the bathroom. But after 10-15 min your feet get cold in the snow. Better off going with official down booties like REI or others
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images
    I'll echo everybuggy here. Great videos, as usual! I hope the difficulties at work get better for you and your friends.

My best to you guys.

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyPainter View Post
    Great trip report and vids, {corrected} Raul! Looked to be a great hike.

I am about to buy another camera, and am wondering about editing software for the music, graphics, etc. Which do you use?
    I use a Canon Powershot 78i 12MP camera. It produces movies in quicktime format. Originally I had to use an program other than Windows Movie Maker because Windows doesnt recognize quicktime. So I went to Sony Movie Studio HD BUT I noticed the video quality was degraded a bit and it was not that user friendly to produce solid transitions and add music and such.

My computer crashed on me a few too many times so I ended up getting an Apple Macbook Pro laptop for Christmas which came with iMovie '11. Very user friendly, quicktime is Apple's movie viewer anyway, and easy to learn after about 2 weeks of playing around and taking the online tutorial courses. The music is basically built in all I had to do was look at music that took up the same block of time in the scene I had and seeing which one fit the scene for me. Graphics and transitions are also the same in the iMovie'11.

For basic movie making with a slight professional look I am very pleased with iMovie'11. Although I wish it had the same features it's previous movie makers had like lightening bolt effects and such. That would be kick arse!

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

Youtube Channel:

Images
    Hi Raul,
    Thanks for the excellent video trip report.
    I joined HF.net to learn how to extend my XCskiing and Snowshoeing day trips into overnighters.
    Your video really brought it all together for me.
    I really liked your discussion on hiking cloths, around camp cloths, sleeping cloths.
    Makes perfect sense.
    I always wonder if you could melt snow with alky stoves and you answered that.
    I really liked how you did not snowshoe over the XCski tracks.
    So many snowshoer's here just trample all over the ski tracks.

Looking forward you your next adventure. Hope things workout for you at work.

Hammock
    N/A
    Tarp
    N/A
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    N/A
    Images
    That was a really enjoyable video series - looks like you had a great time as well.

Thanks for sharing with us!

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewie View Post
    Can I come next time ? I'll carry your jacket for you
    Ha no prob you cross the pond and I'll provide the entertainment. I was so angry when I lost my jacket. I felt a disturbance in the force as I was setting up camp and couldn't figure out what it was. Then I got changed and was like.... OH NO my eVent Jacket!!!!! Glad it was still there when I went back for it.

Youtube Channel:

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Hi Raul,
    Thanks for the excellent video trip report.
    I joined HF.net to learn how to extend my XCskiing and Snowshoeing day trips into overnighters.
    Your video really brought it all together for me.
    I really liked your discussion on hiking cloths, around camp cloths, sleeping cloths.
    Makes perfect sense.
    I always wonder if you could melt snow with alky stoves and you answered that.
    I really liked how you did not snowshoe over the XCski tracks.
    So many snowshoer's here just trample all over the ski tracks.

Looking forward you your next adventure. Hope things workout for you at work.
    Glad my video helped and gives you some confidence in doing overnighters in the winter.

I brought 8oz of denatured alcohol with me... left with 2oz after all the melting and normal cooking. Definitely use a lot of fuel in the winter. Normally I only stay out overnight so it's not a problem.

Yeah I try not to kill the ski tracts if I dont have to. I usually cross if I run out of room on either side or if I'm at a 4 way crossing cause it's unavoidable.

have a video going to be released by Thursday just need to shoot some more scenes. Did a review for goosefeet down socks on 2 custom products. It should come out really nice when I'm done. Stay Tuned!!!!

Youtube Channel:

very cool vid

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    USGI PL UQ&TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies/straps
    hmmm...undisclosed location eh? a little stealth camping? nice!
    my computer was being naughty, but once i watch the vids i'll try to guess where you were...i'll send a pm, so your secret is safe! BTW-i live on connetquot SP that i have stealth camped a few times...shhhhh!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123