Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody use this 1.1 oz camo nylon for a double layer hammock ??

and how does it work. Just want to make sure its quality nylon.

http://www.backwoodsdaydreamer.com/a...s/show/1434189

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I would have no concerns about any fabric I purchased from that vendor. All reports I have seen have been glowing.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

It's Good

Quote Originally Posted by tammons View Post
    and how does it work. Just want to make sure its quality nylon.

http://www.backwoodsdaydreamer.com/a...s/show/1434189
    I'm sleeping in a hammock made from this nylon currently. Mine is a single layer. I notice it doesn't block the side-blown wind by itself. But , no surprize there, since it is not a "down-proof" nylon.

I've had no problems with it. It looks good on both sides. It gives me all of the support that I could hope for in a fabric of that weight. I give it two thumbs up

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Hex/Grizz Beak
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    It's good stuff - strong, lightweight and it feels good on the skin. I made a double layer hammock for my buddy, firecaptain53. Pics are here:

firecaptain53's New Hammock

Jerry
    The "Search" function is your friend!

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 6'x8' Sil
    Insulation
    CCF Pad
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Whats their shipping fee like? I'd rather give my money to these guys than Joanne's, which is doing some shady stuff with their coupons.

-Smalls

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Backwoods is a great place to work with.
    Scott (the owner) is a member here and will chime in soon.
    His service is fantastic and he is willing to answer all your questions.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    It's a Secret.
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smalls View Post
    Whats their shipping fee like? I'd rather give my money to these guys than Joanne's, which is doing some shady stuff with their coupons.

-Smalls
    Hey. I try not to talk much business on the non-vendor forums, but since it was asked... Shipping is a bit hard to explain, because it's based on products, not weight. Unfortunately we don't have the ability to ship by weight on the website (...yet... we're working on a new site over the next couple months that should be a whole LOT more user friendly).

Fabric is the big one - Base rate is either $5 or $5.50, and it's $0.20 or $0.25/yd after the first yard (the price discrepancy stated above is calculated for either heavier or lighter fabric). Base rate for smaller stuff is $3.00, so if no fabric is ordered, it works off from that rate.

We ship using USPS first class or Priority, based on the weight of the package (first class only goes to 13oz, everything over that is Priority). We generally break even on shipping - if you order a lot of heavy stuff, we lose a bit, if you order a lot of light stuff, we either break even or make a tiny bit. USPS has increased their shipping rates significantly since the New Year began, but we have not changed our rates. All out on the table there...

And lots of folk have used that 1.1oz Woodland Camo for hammocks. We've shipped out thousands of yards of it with zero negative feedback.
    DIY Gear Supply - Your source for DIY outdoor gear.

Hammock
    TrekLight Double /DIY HH/DIY WBBB
    Tarp
    GuideGear 12'x12'
    Insulation
    JCP DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling 7/64
    Quote Originally Posted by sclittlefield View Post
    Hey. I try not to talk much business on the non-vendor forums, but since it was asked... Shipping is a bit hard to explain, because it's based on products, not weight. Unfortunately we don't have the ability to ship by weight on the website (...yet... we're working on a new site over the next couple months that should be a whole LOT more user friendly).

Fabric is the big one - Base rate is either $5 or $5.50, and it's $0.20 or $0.25/yd after the first yard (the price discrepancy stated above is calculated for either heavier or lighter fabric). Base rate for smaller stuff is $3.00, so if no fabric is ordered, it works off from that rate.

We ship using USPS first class or Priority, based on the weight of the package (first class only goes to 13oz, everything over that is Priority). We generally break even on shipping - if you order a lot of heavy stuff, we lose a bit, if you order a lot of light stuff, we either break even or make a tiny bit. USPS has increased their shipping rates significantly since the New Year began, but we have not changed our rates. All out on the table there...

And lots of folk have used that 1.1oz Woodland Camo for hammocks. We've shipped out thousands of yards of it with zero negative feedback.
    Thanks Scott for chiming in - I am getting ready to make an order. Hopefully while I have your attention, you can answer a quick questions - Seconds, I assume these are possibly just cosmetic flaws (such as the strands of gray)?

Hammock
    It's a Secret.
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by samjaynes View Post
    Thanks Scott for chiming in - I am getting ready to make an order. Hopefully while I have your attention, you can answer a quick questions - Seconds, I assume these are possibly just cosmetic flaws (such as the strands of gray)?
    On our Second's fabrics (and this is the case with most any DIY supply store) - any real defects I am aware of are stated in the product listing. Like with the Olive Green - there are two faint gray stripes running down the center. Once we find a flaw, if it's still retail'able, it will be listed, otherwise, I remove the flawed piece and it goes in the scrap bin. I don't sell 2nds that I wouldn't use personally, and I've used all my materials in projects.
    DIY Gear Supply - Your source for DIY outdoor gear.

Hammock
    3xWBBB1.0dbl, XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    superfly, maccat d
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies, E.trunks
    i think i have a half dozen orders with Scott now and some approached $100 worth of stuff. I don't think I have ever paided more than $10-12 in shipping. shipping is supper fast, usually have it within 3 days. never had a question go unanswered and his packaging is creative with his rolled goods. i haven't ever been disappointed.
    Last edited by bloomgorge; 01-18-2011 at 18:11. Reason: spelling

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast