Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SURVIVOR CAMO WOODLAND ASYM GSA Compliant , WITH undercover, under pad, hexfly, 72” tree huggers and snake skins. Only used once, practically right out of the box but I missed the return deadline. Great hammock, but I just don’t use it.

Retail: Everything was purchased from the Hennessy Hammock website for $573.85 (not including tax)

My price: $420 including shipping (any where in the contiguous US) or negotiate price
    Paypal, cash, or check

Hammock Description (for the accessory description go to Hennessy Hammock website)

2 lbs. 15. / 1315 grams

Original bottom entrance with Velcro closure GSA compliant, Made in USA, Assembled in Canada

Hennessy's first GSA compliant hammock - the "Hennessy Survivor" - This newest model is rugged and lightweight and combines all the best features of the Explorer Ultralight and Explorer Deluxe Hennessy Hammocks plus a new larger one-piece rainfly and 3000 lb. test spectra ropes for an increased weight limit. This model is designed to fit anyone up to 7' tall and up to 350 lbs.

All Hennessy Hammocks include attached mosquito netting, detachable rain fly, support ropes, tree huggers to protect the of the bark of trees,

Specifications:

Hammock Weight: 2 lbs. 15., 1315 grams
    Weight limit: 350 lbs.
    Suspension system: 10' long 3000 lb. test Spectra/Dyneema ropes 42" long x 1 1/2" wide nylon webbing straps
    Hammock dimensions: 108'' long x 56" diag. wide
    Hammock fabric: tightly woven high thread count (160 x 90) 70D nylon taffeta
    Canopy dimensions: - a one-piece parallelogram with - short side - 78" -long side - 109"
    Canopy fabric: 1.9 ounce polyurethane coated nylon
    ripstop
    Mesh: 1.1 ounce 20 D polyester No-See-Um netting
    Stuff sack: Logo and set up instructions printed on ripstop nylon bag with drawstring
    Set-up-time: +/- 3 minutes
    Packed size: 4" x 7" x 10"
    Last edited by Yianni; 01-18-2011 at 15:13. Reason: stating payment method

Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Question for you, what is GSA compliant ?
    Take care,
    Bluefin

Bluefin's Videos

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    Google it.

government certified essentially..

If they wanted to start issueing out these hammock setups to soldiers, they meet the standards to do so.

Hammock
    DIY Camo Cocoon
    Tarp
    Tricked out SWT
    Insulation
    DIY 4 layer IX
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    GSA is General Services Administration. The GSA cerifies certain products for a streamlined purchase process by government agencies. This is a big part of the difference in this model I suspect: "Made in USA"

Quote Originally Posted by GvilleDave View Post
    GSA is General Services Administration. The GSA cerifies certain products for a streamlined purchase process by government agencies. This is a big part of the difference in this model I suspect: "Made in USA"

Is it solely based on the purschasing process? All of our safes used to store information classified C or above needed to be GSA. I suspected there were certain quality aspects of the product that were verified. Could be wrong however, they just told us what they had to be, not why.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    Is it solely based on the purschasing process? All of our safes used to store information classified C or above needed to be GSA. I suspected there were certain quality aspects of the product that were verified. Could be wrong however, they just told us what they had to be, not why.
    Well, GSA and Berry are clearly more expensive, with the HH anyway.

Hammock
    DIY 126 x 60 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 10 x 11
    Insulation
    New River/Owhyee
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    No it is not solely based on procurement, but that is one of the criteria. The GSA is primarily a procurement department in so much as they negotiate and audit contracts and companies to comply with their requirements. If a company or product meets all of the GSA's requirements they are GSA Compliant. This company or product then goes on a list (database) so that other government agencies (including the military) can procure these products or services and not need to go through the whole process; it is enough to know they are 'on the list'. The requirements for a product or company to be GSA compliant is long, complicated and different for varying sectors of producers. IOW, what makes a HH GSA Compliant doesn't necessarily make a safe GSA Compliant, although they may have similar requirements (like source materials, price reduction etc). The GSA Compliance Process is so complex many companies either hire outside auditors and trainers or have an in-house GSA Compliant department.

You are right in that GSA products do have certain quality aspects that are verified; they perform audits to verify the production and source process meet with their rrequirements.
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds
    Mind of a Rat Youtube Channel

Certainly GSA compliant is not an end all indicator of an overall quality product, but it is a certification which many products do not have. So it is only one more verification that can give the buyer a better idea of how quality the hammock really is. Apart from my bias opinion (because I'm the seller), this hammock is very well made. I don't like seeing anyone uncomfortable out on the trail or in the backcountry, because I can empathize with them. I assure anyone who is interested, with my word, that this is probably the best camping hammock I have come across.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast