Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClean417 View Post
    Still, it impresses me how quickly we go from 'How do I hang a Hammock in my room' to 'Ya but how do you have sex in the Hammock'. I know it's a family forum and all but I didn't know that included the makin of a family. Still, with a bunch of cultures all over the world using nothing but hammocks, you'd got to think that they've figured some things out. Hein and Shein been going on a Loooooong time.
    Hah! I remember at least one entire thread devoted to this. You've never seen so many euphemisms in your whole and entire life.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    search on keyphrase "dynamic testing" IIRC..

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    Working on it
    Insulation
    CCF :(
    Suspension
    WB Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClean417 View Post
    Still, it impresses me how quickly we go from 'How do I hang a Hammock in my room' to 'Ya but how do you have sex in the Hammock'. I know it's a family forum and all but I didn't know that included the makin of a family. Still, with a bunch of cultures all over the world using nothing but hammocks, you'd got to think that they've figured some things out. Hein and Shein been going on a Loooooong time.
    Hey he is in college....

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Hey, I just wanted to say that I didn't mean to imply anything inappropriate with my comment. I merely meant that it would be impractical for other purposes. When I was in college my bed was a desk, dinner table, couch for my friends, etc. I know this is a family friendly place and I didn't mean to drag the topic in another direction.

Fronkey

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Don't take my comment the wrong way mr don't take my comment the wrong way. You weren't the first to go there and you won't be the last. If you think so, look up those dynamic references with the search function. As for impractical another quick search on references I shall not link that my formerly Saharan rodent friend and a slightly different You video place will change your reference of impractical to very desirable.

After all, I would have killed for a couple extra feet of room in college. You could have had a desk and book case against the wall serving proper usage and then pulled your hammock down out of the corner, hooked it up and slept all night THEN stowed the hammock and had room to excercise. Need a couch? Looks like Hammocks make a pretty good lounge chair to me. Might want to check on how close you are with your friends BUT if it was you and the girlfriend, it might work out for a love seat. You could even face opposite directions for one of those type of love seats, which frankly I never understood though it made for an interesting, two person carousel on the Barney videos in the park that my grand-daughter loves to watch.

NOW, that's one messed up set of innuendos and family friendly info.

One of the reasons I'm looking at going to a hammock here at home IS to free up all the space that this idiot bed takes up on the floor. I only use it to sleep on but it takes up a third of the room. The hammock is either strung with me in it or flush up against the wall. I share my room with the treadmill. It would be nice to have room for some weights.

I would suggest placing a hook or two on the ceiling above your hammock so that you can lift it up and hang it closer to the ceiling while not in use and free up the little space that it was taking up.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Sil Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Mt. Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    If the hooks are not already sunk into the walls, do NOT put them in. If the University owns the housing, they will not be pleased and they will charge you for repairs if you do sink bolts, hooks what have you. Look at getting a hammock stand instead.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123