Hi there from Long Island!

Hi Folks!

My name is John and I'm a noob to hanging....have only spent two different days (one hour or so each) in my ENO doublenest.....WILL be sleeping in it tonight....temp was 50.6ºF 1-2 hours ago (time now = 8pm)...should be in the 30's tonight...we'll see!.

I just got a Superfly Tarp from Brandon over at Warbonnet...spent a good deal of time learning a couple of knots today to make the end loops to stake down the tarp and suspend it!

....got an adjustable ridgeline..but haven't dialed in my hang in order to put it up yet..and don't know how to anyway at this moment. So, at the advice of a longer-hanging friend, I won't put on my PLUQ (my only UQ) on just yet.....was GOING TO anyway just to have something to counteract CBS...but have an inflatable sleep pad instead...don't have time to monkey with putting PLUQ on anyway.

Regarding the PLUQ...I did the sew version...stitched in some Joann's Fabric sourced insulbright and made sure there was a channel for the paracord so the PLUQ could slide head-foot-head...and put some cord locks into the slightly-gathered ends to cinch up against head and feet.

Got the Thermarest Neoair inflatable pad from the "for sale" forum here....got some other items from there as well....great source!! And all the guys so far have been awesome to deal with and helpful!

I will still do some tent camping...and maybe will still use the tarp for that as well!

I wish we could see/enter the "pay it forward" forum without having to reach the 50post limit.

I'll post pics and/or links to video clips of what I've done soon.
    _John

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Welcome from the Jersey Shore.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

First couple days with the ENO DN....switched out the heavy rope and plastic biner for home made whoopie slings:
    IMG_2451.jpgIMG_2452.jpgIMG_2454.jpgIMG_2456.jpgIMG_2465.jpgIMG_2466.jpgIMG_2471.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Silvr! On another note...anyone know why my "posts" count is staying at 16? I see my first post introducing myself says 16...and so does my post with pics....and so did a post I added to another forum here. Weird....more pics to come!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Wish I knew. I'm mystified by the post count mechanism after the recent upgrade. Seems like posts to the Introduce Yourself forum aren't counted for some reason. There's a guy on a mission, sh2dow, who has posted at least 20 or 30 times in the Introduce Yourself forum in the last 24 hours and his post count hasn't budged.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Just speculating, but sometimes people try to speed post so they can sell something or participate in PIF. Introduce Yourself posts may not be counted if you have less than 50 posts.

This post is just to see if my post count increments.

TEST...to see if my post count goes up....I wouldn't normally care but I'm just curious what is in the "Pay it Forward" forum and I'm not allowed to because I have less than 50 posts...ALMOST makes me want to go reply to every thread I can find just to up the count...but I'm not that curious.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I just posted a "What's the deal with post count?" thread in the Feedback and Suggestions section. You've piqued my curiosity. I think post count is counting Introduce yourself posts but you have to go back to the home page before it increments. Just guessing though.

If you're curious what's in PIF, you're not alone. Some people just love PIF!

• + New Posts