DIY Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY 11x11 silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY IXUQ, 0* SB TQ
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    Images
    Since Gargoyle was kind enough to share the dimensions with me directly via PM I chose not to disclose them in public.
    Fair enough. That would explain why I've had a tough time finding dimensions out there. Thanks for the pictures and rough direction just the same.

Seems like Gargoyle had even his large version bouncing around the 1lb mark so I'm sure the 1.1oz will make a big difference in your numbers. It always makes me nervous to skip the grosgrain but I've seen plenty roll without it so it's probably just a false sense of security.

Hammock
    DIY FrankenBird + 5 other DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Ogee, etc.
    Insulation
    IX UQ & TQ +fleece
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scum View Post
    Fair enough. That would explain why I've had a tough time finding dimensions out there. Thanks for the pictures and rough direction just the same.

Seems like Gargoyle had even his large version bouncing around the 1lb mark so I'm sure the 1.1oz will make a big difference in your numbers. It always makes me nervous to skip the grosgrain but I've seen plenty roll without it so it's probably just a false sense of security.
    Yeah, by reducing the length by 1', ditching the grosgrain edging, and switching to 1.1 I'm hoping to get in the 14 oz range. Should be do-able based on my extra-large 1.1 Asym being 15 oz with grosgrain edging.
    Come to think of it, I may just convert the Asym to an Ogee, since I HATE the way the Asym is so open. I just don't trust that it would keep me dry in a light sprinkle, let alone blowing rain. I AM confident that the Ogee will provide good coverage in most any weather.
    "I keep telling myself that if I make perfect seams, nobody will believe that I made it... " -JohnSawyer

My outdoor gear review site http://gear-report.com
    Gear reviews, DIY / MYOG projects, Outdoor gear discounts, sales and coupons updated daily

Hammock
    DIY Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY 11x11 silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY IXUQ, 0* SB TQ
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    Images
    Another question for ya or others with the Ogee style tarp. Does it make sense to do the pole mod on this? It's hard to visualize because of the unique shape. I really like the idea of the pole mod to open things up inside but just curious if it's even viable with this design.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Ogee, etc.
    Insulation
    IX UQ & TQ +fleece
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scum View Post
    Another question for ya or others with the Ogee style tarp. Does it make sense to do the pole mod on this? It's hard to visualize because of the unique shape. I really like the idea of the pole mod to open things up inside but just curious if it's even viable with this design.
    I think it is a viable option when pitched in the regular Ogee mode.
    One of the neat things about the Ogee is how many different ways it can be pitched.
    "I keep telling myself that if I make perfect seams, nobody will believe that I made it... " -JohnSawyer

Gear reviews, DIY / MYOG projects, Outdoor gear discounts, sales and coupons updated daily

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    I am biased...I wont say anything..I think RJC is right tho...its neat.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Ogee, etc.
    Insulation
    IX UQ & TQ +fleece
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    I have to admit that I wasn't completely sold on the Ogee when I made it. I was about to make another design that interested me.
    What I've found is that if I try to use pretty much any other tarp I end up getting ticked that I can't close it in enough. Mentally I couldn't fully wrap my head around how the Ogee would work in practice. I thought there would be too much uncovered area low on the sides. However, where the hammock hangs low is where the wings are.
    Adding a pole mod to the center would really open it up for more room to move around getting in and out of the hammock, getting dressed, etc.
    I may have to think about a pole mod on my 1.9 Ogee.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234