Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images

tie out options

Ok so on my last winter trip my fingers froze due to the fiddling with the tie outs. I had JRB STL on my side tie outs on my oes delux. I had the minie line locks from the HF store but in conjuctuon with the STL's. Still to much fiddling and fussing.

So when I got home I deaded eyed a pice of 2.2 lash it and put a 1.7 prussic on it. When testing it today I found I loved this set up. Just adjust prussic loop round tent stake and wwwaaalllaaahhh tight tie outs. Has any one else tried this set up for tarps.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

I played around with prussics and loops (with paracord, not lashit). There's still a pretty high fiddle factor. Now I'm settled on the method of shock cord loops connected to the tarp tieout loops, then tieout lines girth hitched to that, and marlin-spike hiched to the stake. Just tie to the stake, pull stretch the shock cord fully, and insert in the ground. Zero fiddling.

Hammock
    DIY Hammock
    Tarp
    Poncho Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY synthetic UB
    Suspension
    Tree Huggers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DRChammock View Post
    Just try some 550 and some figure 9's. I fine them easy to use with gloves on or off.
    When life gives you lemons, find a kid with a paper cut

I have the same thing but I got them from Opie, they are still for sale here: http://shop.whoopieslings.com/Tarp-Guy-Lines-TGL.htm not sure if anyone else is selling them as I haven't looked for them in quite awhile!
    I have had them for a while now, they are also on Adia's tarp as well, what I did was attach the prussic onto the tarp tie out so that in the middle of the night if I need to tighten the pull-out a little I can do it from the safety and dryness of under the tarp and don't have to walk out to where the stake is (or tied out too/onto)!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Hum well I had the jrb STL on and I found I coumdent pitch my tarp as low as iwanted to bc I was forced to have it at least the length the tubeing was which isent that long but is on a windy night. I lkie the idea of shock cord loops on the plastic rings of the tarp so it has some give in the wind. And Cranky I'm gonna try and make a DIY pair of those tie outs good suggestions.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Hum well I had the jrb STL on and I found I coumdent pitch my tarp as low as iwanted to bc I was forced to have it at least the length the tubeing was which isent that long but is on a windy night. I lkie the idea of shock cord loops on the plastic rings of the tarp so it has some give in the wind. And Cranky I'm gonna try and make a DIY pair of those tie outs good suggestions.
    What you could do is have a loop on the other end of the line (opposite the tubing) and if you need to drop the tarp that low all you have to do is switch ends! Mine and Adia's is set up this way that was the reason I mentioned having the prussic on the tie out, I don't think that they are made this way anymore, but you could improvise and DIY the end loop on your JRB lines, then make some prussic's and wallah your set!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

• + New Posts