Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    Great stuff Shug.

What kind of thermometer are you using? I am impressed it did not lose the display sooner.

Neti Pots are a great thing, Glad you have no shame and are willing to share

Just what the "insiders" need to during the cold winter months to keep them from going crazy.

I'm an "outsider" myself, whenever I can anyway

TZ
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

My PHOTOS

My VIDEOS

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl layer.
    Tarp
    WB Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Crowsnest & Burrow
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Great video Shug ... I'm still laughing out loud right now ....The Netti pod... Glad you didn't do that outside or your head would be frozen.
    Questtrek
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks". John Muir.

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    hilarious shug. i'm going to go scoop up a neti pot today!

i love the frost bib idea but i'm afraid i would hang myself tossing and turning. perhaps i can rig it a different way

minus 17 super cold, but you had so much down around you that i don't doubt you were toasty

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    [QUOTE=OutandBack;394131]Thanks shug. Sorry you had to repeat yourself. I just watched video 1 of your pod series and you covered bag attachments very well.
    You pack so much info in your videos watching just once ain't enough.
    Now I'm off to watch video 2 to see what else I missed the first viewing.
    On the topic of nettie's I use a waterpik not on high mind you, that would hurt. lol[/QUOTE
    Now I gotta get a water pik!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    Great work buddy!
    Thorwren and I watched the Netti action a couple of times. Needless to say we were both laughing ourselves silly. I keep meaning to try one of those things...You looked like you were having so much fun doing it I might just give her a go this weekend...and I do not even have a cold...LOL
    Great work on the cold weather hanging video series too. That is a great system you got there. I wonder how low it will actually go? The frost bib works great as well.
    Thanks again for the entertainment. I am looking forward to showing the kids when they wake up in the morning. lol
    ~Stormcrow
    You would love the netti thrill as your nostrils are not shy!
    As to the pod deal .... I could have gone WAY lower. I'm thinking -30º easily. I got a wee scared and switched out to the Mamba and yeti last minute. Wanted to try Franken and my new TQ from you. Wish I had. Now I will though as soon as we get another good cold spell. Tonight is gonna be -13º so I may try........

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Shug my friend ... from getting one over on the PRC ... again ... seeing commentary by Pappy to the glory of the Netty Pot ... ya made my day!
    AYE GAWD SHUGROW IT'S SNOT ABOUT THE POT AS IT IS THE LAUGHTER!
    ... ya had me hee hawing like a boy that just ain't right!
    Thanks a million pal.
    I know you need a gear fix over there ....... come on home!

Quote Originally Posted by Peg-Leg View Post
    Thanks for being our pod guinea pig. Looks like a great cold cold weather system.
    You got me with the netty pot action. Whew!!!
    It has been fun and mind-opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Shug,
    This whole pea pod series has been really good, my fav being the whole crawling out of the rig in the first one...that was funny...seriously...makes me want to go and try and shovel my way back to my spruce trees...
    But the whole netti pot thing...that's on a whole 'nother level. Oooh boy, serious laughing going on. Amazing what can crawl up the snout when in the piney woods! Thanks, that made my Friday
    I am really liking how everything stays together so nicely for winter. It really is good for serious cold.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TZBrown View Post
    Great stuff Shug.

What kind of thermometer are you using? I am impressed it did not lose the display sooner.

Neti Pots are a great thing, Glad you have no shame and are willing to share

Just what the "insiders" need to during the cold winter months to keep them from going crazy.

I'm an "outsider" myself, whenever I can anyway

TZ
    It is just a cheap one I got at Menards Home Store.......I got lucky there.
    May be back out tonight to try with my new Stormcrow TQ and My diy 30 UQ to see if that works. I switched out to my Mamba and Winter Yeti in the -17º test just to make sure I was warm. Would reduce my weight and bulk if it works out.
    No Mt. Rogers for you huh?

Quote Originally Posted by questtrek View Post
    Great video Shug ... I'm still laughing out loud right now ....The Netti pod... Glad you didn't do that outside or your head would be frozen.
    Wonder what that would feel like?

Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post

i love the frost bib idea but i'm afraid i would hang myself tossing and turning. perhaps i can rig it a different way

minus 17 super cold, but you had so much down around you that i don't doubt you were toasty
    The nettis are cheap!
    I cut the neck whole on the bib large for that very reason but I am a very still sleeper in a hammock.
    I was bound in down!!!!

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl & WB XLC
    Tarp
    OESMCD W/PMOD
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, JRB HR TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    I'm telling ya... Shug gear recommendations/presentations are akin to Oprah and her book club recommendations.... and the resulting boost in sales

Wander'nFool
    "It's a wanderful life."

Images
    Good Morning shug,
    I watch all 3 video's a couple times and took notes this time on the finer details of attaching the sleeping bag and layering the other quilts. Just waiting for the next cold front to blow thru Colorado.

Before you go out on a subzero test hang do you eat a late night snack and or carry additional snacks with you to fire up the old internal heater?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Some gross netti pot action on the end if you are really desperate for something that is shameful to watch.... Haaaaa.

Warmest night I have spent out yet!!!!!!
    All secure in sector seven,
    Shug
    Learned sumthin' yet again (not like I will ever use it but hey it's knowledge). Water in your cook pot before putting in the snow to keep from scalding the cookware.

Netti pot filmage? Tea on the monitor Shug and I should have known better than to drink it while watching any of your vids. You are most likely beyond repair Shug, thanks for the new release! I give it...
    Last edited by Law Dawg (ret); 01-22-2011 at 11:46.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wander'nFool View Post
    I'm telling ya... Shug gear recommendations/presentations are akin to Oprah and her book club recommendations.... and the resulting boost in sales

Wander'nFool
    The power of video .... certainly not my knowledge......

Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Good Morning shug,
    I watch all 3 video's a couple times and took notes this time on the finer details of attaching the sleeping bag and layering the other quilts. Just waiting for the next cold front to blow thru Colorado.

Before you go out on a subzero test hang do you eat a late night snack and or carry additional snacks with you to fire up the old internal heater?
    I do ....and I ate a Kit-Kat in the night. I like candy and use any excuse to eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post
    Learned sumthin' yet again (not like I will ever use it but hey it's knowledge). Water in your cook pot before putting in the snow to keep from scalding the cookware.

Netti pot filmage? Tea on the monitor Shug and I should have known better than to drink it while watching any of your vids. You are most likely beyond repair Shug, thanks for the new release! I give it...
    Yeah .... us cold wether types know the dry snow pot scald well!
    Repair .... over-rated. I spent a lot of time on my dis-repair. !!!!

Hammock
    One of Eight
    Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images
    Shug say " I quit drinking 23 years ago....I look for any wee thrill now!!!! " <<<<
    Me say "" That makes you the man more then any frozen adventure "" Stay Clean, Mean and Lean !!! >>> Shug - Hug <<<

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast