Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    HG4seasonCFw/doors
    Insulation
    Hammock gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I am a Physician Assistant, working in primary and emergency medicine. I fully endorse saline nasal and sinus flushing.

Now that I have that out of the way...

Thanks for sharing your pod experiences. I too have never been miserable cold when winter camping. Seeing your setup, though, helps me with ideas to experiment with. I am curious though, are you able to lay on a diagonal at all in your hammock while in your pod system? I have avoided this layout for fear of the banana lay and a sore back in the morning.
    Jose Diaz

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    Great vid Shug. Great to have video reference of the winter systems for those of us who are slowly being brought into winter hanging. I was out napping in the woods today. I have an old huge rectangular down bag i was wondering what to do with and the pod idea might be it. I also like the FF stove , looks like a keeper. Its the right height for my pot scene so i sent Dan $$. We'll see .
    Netti action,,,too funny.
    Shug , sector seven, boogger free zone
    bill
    Certainly no original idea of mine but I have enjoyed sharing my exploration of the Pod. It works and it is a neat bundle when taken down.
    I added a grip clip to the hood of my bag/pod and added a small shock cord and a small s-biner. Also, I had sewn a loop on the end of the bag/pod to hang it when in storage. I put shock cord there and hooked it too. I helped keep it up on those ends.

Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Hi Shug,
    Man, you sure are making me a believer.
    I can't wait to give your sleeping bag pod a try
    and I'm already looking thru all my closets for an old
    fleece shirt I cut in to a shug frost bib.

So the outer sleeping bag is only held in place by wrapping it around the hammock and zipping it up?
    No shockcord loop like an UQ to keep the bag from walking off your shoulders?

Thanks again for the ideas and entertainment you (((rock))) my friend.
    I added a grip clip to the hood of my bag/pod and added a small shock cord and a small s-biner. Also, I had sewn a loop on the end of the bag/pod to hang it when in storage. I put shock cord there and hooked it too. I helped keep it up on those ends.
    Try it out ....my bag has just been hanging there looking forlorn. Now I feel good that it is out again with a new purpose.
    ShFrost-Bib is a no brainer. We all have an old shirt. Take it off ...put it in your pocket or by a fire to dry it out in the day. Goes pretty fast in the pocket though against the body.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Buenos View Post
    I am a Physician Assistant, working in primary and emergency medicine. I fully endorse saline nasal and sinus flushing.

Now that I have that out of the way...

Thanks for sharing your pod experiences. I too have never been miserable cold when winter camping. Seeing your setup, though, helps me with ideas to experiment with. I am curious though, are you able to lay on a diagonal at all in your hammock while in your pod system? I have avoided this layout for fear of the banana lay and a sore back in the morning.
    Yes!!!! Medically Approved! It does so work well.....and I enjoy my moment of netti. That personal time that involves squirtin' out body canals.
    I am on a less of an angle but am truly comfortable. Just force the body position after snugged in. Seriously ... I had nothing cold on me. I was pleased.

Thanks Jose.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post

Try it out ....my bag has just been hanging there looking forlorn. Now I feel good that it is out again with a new purpose.
    ShFrost-Bib is a no brainer. We all have an old shirt. Take it off ...put it in your pocket or by a fire to dry it out in the day. Goes pretty fast in the pocket though against the body.
    Thanks shug. Sorry you had to repeat yourself. I just watched video 1 of your pod series and you covered bag attachments very well.
    You pack so much info in your videos watching just once ain't enough.
    Now I'm off to watch video 2 to see what else I missed the first viewing.

On the topic of nettie's I use a waterpik not on high mind you, that would hurt. lol

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

another great one my friend

Great work buddy!

Thorwren and I watched the Netti action a couple of times. Needless to say we were both laughing ourselves silly. I keep meaning to try one of those things...You looked like you were having so much fun doing it I might just give her a go this weekend...and I do not even have a cold...LOL

Great work on the cold weather hanging video series too. That is a great system you got there. I wonder how low it will actually go? The frost bib works great as well.

Thanks again for the entertainment. I am looking forward to showing the kids when they wake up in the morning. lol

~Stormcrow
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images

Talking Aye Gawd Shugrow ...

Shug my friend ... from getting one over on the PRC ... again ... seeing commentary by Pappy to the glory of the Netty Pot ... ya made my day!

AYE GAWD SHUGROW IT'S SNOT ABOUT THE POT AS IT IS THE LAUGHTER!

... ya had me hee hawing like a boy that just ain't right!

Thanks a million pal.

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    5 DIY's and a Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    BWDD 4 Season, DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator / DIY IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!
    Images
    Thanks for being our pod guinea pig. Looks like a great cold cold weather system.

You got me with the netty pot action. Whew!!!
    If God had meant for us to sleep on the ground,
    He wouldn't have created trees....

“Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in where nature may heal and cheer and give strength to the body and soul.” - John Muir

Hammock
    WB / BIAS
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Shug,

This whole pea pod series has been really good, my fav being the whole crawling out of the rig in the first one...that was funny...seriously...makes me want to go and try and shovel my way back to my spruce trees...

But the whole netti pot thing...that's on a whole 'nother level. Oooh boy, serious laughing going on. Amazing what can crawl up the snout when in the piney woods! Thanks, that made my Friday
    Last edited by Callahan; 01-22-2011 at 02:41.

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Some gross netti pot action on the end if you are really desperate for something that is shameful to watch.... Haaaaa.
    Watching this vid at 6AM almost made my morning coffee fly out of my nose like Shug's saline solution. Yet another outstanding vid.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    GrizzBridge
    Tarp
    DD Camo
    Images
    well done ! i'm surprised at the weight of the whole thing-you can't beat that for serious cold.i have spent many a cold night out there and have been leary to do it again without spending some bucks so i coughed up some for Old Gringo's Katahdin last night so i just might be able to put something together now-thx for the inspiration.btw -never knew what was coming with the Netti pot thing as i had never heard of it before.........that's awesome! - trying hard not to go wake up Sophie to show her

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast