Tarp
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacha Man View Post
    So will water go thru sil if it is forced thru? Or if you disturb it enough (rubbing with fingers, etc.)?
    there have been times when people got a "misting" effect through their tarp in a hard rain, but people seem to have two basic opinions on what's happening...

1)... the force of the hard rain is hitting the silnylon w/ more force than it is capable of stopping.

2)... condensation has formed on the inside of the tarp (as it some times does) & the force of the hard rain drops is "thumping" the tarp, causing the condensation to become airborne.

of course it could be some of both<G>.
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by weedeater64 View Post
    So what is this dwr stuff I guess thats what I've got it definitely has some resistance to water just now proof. I read somewhere that these silicone sprays would not be compatible with dwr for maintanace treatment, what should be used??

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll try to get some pics of the stand I made up soon.

Happy hagin. Jeff P.
    the "durable water resistant" (DWR) is certainly good stuff to use for the right projects.
    as far as i know the silicon would do fine on it, making it pretty much water proof. that's what i used near the ends of something like a travel pod.
    then i used the DWR treatment in a spray can on the rest to add water & wind resistance while keeping the breath-ability.
    but even if you used the water proof silicon spray on it, i still wouldn't suggest using that for a tarp.
    but that's just me.
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!