Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    Looked liked allot of fun great reports glad everyone survived.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    From the descriptions, pics and videos, it looks like you had great hang. And, you beat our low at the Florida hang this same weekend .. but we tried hard - 25* Saturday night!

Hammock
    Switchback/Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    ppod/no sniv/phenx
    Suspension
    d-rings/whoopies

Talking

What an awesome hammock hang!!! This was my first time on a group hang with the forum members. This was also my first time hanging at Mt Rogers in the winter. Everyone was extremely nice and very helpful. I really enjoyed going around and looking at different rigs and I got a lot of ideas for improvements to my rig. I have to give a big two thumbs up to the speer peapod. Friday night I had the peapod and a 20 degree sleeping bag as a topquilt and I was toasty all night. Saturday I went on my first hike in the snow and it was great. There was a great view on top; you could see forever. Later on Saturday evening was the potluck dinner. There was so much good food like the chili, jimbolia, and MacEntyres bread. There was also a raffle where I won some really cool gear including a JRB No Sniveler!! Saturday night I replaced my 20 degree sleeping bag with my new no sniveler and I was toasty all night. I want to say thanks to Shug for his idea about the frost bib. I just laid my msr packtowel out in front of me and I was surprised at how wet it got. Thanks again to everyone for an awesome hang and I will definitely be up for another hang in the future.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Welcome to the forum Zane. It was great to meet both you and your dad on the mountain.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zane35 View Post
    What an awesome hammock hang!!! This was my first time on a group hang with the forum members. This was also my first time hanging at Mt Rogers in the winter. Everyone was extremely nice and very helpful. I really enjoyed going around and looking at different rigs and I got a lot of ideas for improvements to my rig. I have to give a big two thumbs up to the speer peapod. Friday night I had the peapod and a 20 degree sleeping bag as a topquilt and I was toasty all night. Saturday I went on my first hike in the snow and it was great. There was a great view on top; you could see forever. Later on Saturday evening was the potluck dinner. There was so much good food like the chili, jimbolia, and MacEntyres bread. There was also a raffle where I won some really cool gear including a JRB No Sniveler!! Saturday night I replaced my 20 degree sleeping bag with my new no sniveler and I was toasty all night. I want to say thanks to Shug for his idea about the frost bib. I just laid my msr packtowel out in front of me and I was surprised at how wet it got. Thanks again to everyone for an awesome hang and I will definitely be up for another hang in the future.
    Cool! I wear a bib a lot in life!
    Sounds like another excellent hang experience. You were in good hands there.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I've also uploaded some pictures. I mostly hung around the campground though...

Pics here.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    A pleasure meeting you & your dad Zane. Hope to see you at other trips.
    Also a pleasure meeting other new faces, but I wont even try to name names, because I'm sure I'll forget some.

Yeah, we bet the Florida crew on low temps, but do y'all have to keep rubbing it in with those shrimp pictures

We had great food too. There again, too many to remember & give credit... but one stands out in my memory... the chili brought by 2Q.
    I think ZQ is the actual receiver of credit, although 2Q did get it there
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl. & hk2001
    Tarp
    MLD cuben, WB Edge
    Insulation
    yeti, crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopies, bulltape
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    I had a great time! Especially enjoyed meeting the new folks. Thanks to everyone that attended for their good humor, for the fabulous pot-luck dinner, and bountiful camaraderie all round. Special thanks to the Vendors and individuals that offered up such a fun raffle.

Some pics -
    I like the round hammock forums emblem on your pack. If I were to carry a round clip like that I would want degrees printed on it protractor style so I could double check my 30* angle....maybe it's on the back??
    Tonight I'm howlin' at a foreign moon, might as well be a junkie's spoon.

John Hiatt

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Thanks, I like it too. Gift from Dutch.

Interesting idea for the protractor. I'll probably leave it as is, though. I've been hanging my hammocks nicely for several years without measuring....I think I can continue.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    Hickery and I talked about perhaps installing studs, or making bolt-on teeth (old bow saw blades?) for the mil surplus snowshoes. They need more grip when going uphill or across a slope. When the outer edge dives into the drift going across a slope, it's a real surprise!
    How did Thing1's new snowshoes work out? And did she use the toe warmers I sent?
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast