Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Aye gawd Shug-row! That was mighty fine entertainment here in Chicago o'Hare! Worth the wait my friend!
    Whoooo Buddy ....almost home. Good to have you back in-country!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppabear View Post
    What a video! Entertainment whilst getting educated. What more could we ask for. It was fun and interesting to get a glimpse of your pyro-maniac personality that come out for a peek see. Have a good road trip.
    Thanks a bunch. fire in the real cold is just plain good ol' man-fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Shug Brother Man,
    You are an absolute flippin' maniac! Juggling fire was not enough? Eating fire? Good grief! But isn't that cheating, doesn't that invalidate your minus 16? And how many of us are going to be able to eat fire to stay warm?

You are a maniac, but I sure hope I get to back pack with you some day!

Hey, what exactly is that gear over your face?

What model thermometer is that? Did you have two, or was the one in your pocket picking up outside temps somehow?

Thanks again for your videos, educational and entertaining. ( EDIT: oops, I see I could have been quoting PoppaBear! What are the odds?)
    Same here .... maybe Sipsey sometime.....
    On my face is an all fleece bib I got years ago ....can't remember where but I love it!!!
    also ...the thermometer is a cheapy I got at a Home Store. It reads i and out temps so I can keep it in my pocket. The transmitter is just outside the tarp.

Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    Good job and great fun, Shug!

Was that a FourDog SuperShelter I saw by the fire?

I used my silk wild rag as a breath catcher last weekend, but I don't have a ridgeline so I just lay it on the outside of everything. It worked just fine. Being silk, I just waved it in the air a few seconds to dry the frost.
    It was a trial of it......trying to dry gear. It worked but i need to improve it. looks like a hillbilly tent!
    I saw your silk-bib on the video .... nice it just shakes off. and classy. you could use it as an ascot in that fine anorak.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    thanks again to Wisenber for that link....those wool boot liners are def. to put up for hard times and/or to sleep in at the RHK hang.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks for your pod videos. Makes me glad and happy. Don’t know why. Must have something to do with the word Shug.

But help bust this myth.
    Alcohol won’t ignite in cold weather thus you have to keep it in a pocket close to your body.

I had my Mini Atomic burning at - 21*C = -5,8*F (inside the Bush Buddy) with cold fuel and no problem what so ever lightening it. (Though my lighters did not work at that temperature).

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeAway View Post
    But help bust this myth.
    Alcohol won’t ignite in cold weather...
    You busted it yourself! It definitely burns better when it's warm, as do all liquid fuels. You want your fuel warm (easier to heat up) and your air cold (dense with O2).

When Shug poured his fuel into that stove, I was thinking, "There goes all the heat!" It doesn't take long to lose heat in those temps! That's why I like the Trangia... heat up the stove and fuel both inside yer pocket.

- MukEntyre, The Bearded Pod Man
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    Simply Light Design
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    LeighLo Down UQ
    Suspension
    Back to Whoopies!
    I'm starting to wonder if you were actually in the "dog house" or if you really did this on purpose

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    You busted it yourself! It definitely burns better when it's warm, as do all liquid fuels. You want your fuel warm (easier to heat up) and your air cold (dense with O2).

When Shug poured his fuel into that stove, I was thinking, "There goes all the heat!" It doesn't take long to lose heat in those temps! That's why I like the Trangia... heat up the stove and fuel both inside yer pocket.

- MukEntyre, The Bearded Pod Man
    You are right MacEntyre. But there is always the risk of spilling the fuel in your clothes when you are having it close to your body to warm it up.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks for your pod videos. Makes me glad and happy. Don’t know why. Must have something to do with the word Shug.

But help bust this myth.
    Alcohol won’t ignite in cold weather thus you have to keep it in a pocket close to your body.

I had my Mini Atomic burning at - 21*C = -5,8*F (inside the Bush Buddy) with cold fuel and no problem what so ever lightening it. (Though my lighters did not work at that temperature).
    I just find it works faster and better when it is warm from my body heat. I have coffee in my hand sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by KMACK View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if you were actually in the "dog house" or if you really did this on purpose
    No .... sadly ...I choose to do it. For video only. I martyr myself.

You are right MacEntyre. But there is always the risk of spilling the fuel in your clothes when you are having it close to your body to warm it up.
    I live on the edge!!!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post

I live on the edge!!!
    I yield.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Shug Love the video hate that you always cost me money . I saw the NEOS Navigators 5 this weekend and just ordered a pair last night I loved them so much. Two questions,

1. How do you believe the NEOS will work with a trail runner inside, that's what I was planning on wearing inside the NEOS along with my down booties (not at the same time), but the booties I have sill nylon at the bottom not any hard walking surface.

2ndly. How do the NEOS hold up when long distance hiking lets say 8-12 mi a day. Whats the best shoe too wear inside them any advice. Like I said before plan on wearing trail runners inside them.

Thanks for another great video and safe travels on the road
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Shug Love the video hate that you always cost me money . I saw the NEOS Navigators 5 this weekend and just ordered a pair last night I loved them so much. Two questions,

1. How do you believe the NEOS will work with a trail runner inside, that's what I was planning on wearing inside the NEOS along with my down booties (not at the same time), but the booties I have sill nylon at the bottom not any hard walking surface.

2ndly. How do the NEOS hold up when long distance hiking lets say 8-12 mi a day. Whats the best shoe too wear inside them any advice. Like I said before plan on wearing trail runners inside them.

Thanks for another great video and safe travels on the road
    1) They should be fine and your feet will be warmer for sure.
    2) I have not long hiked in them but in snow should be just fine. I wore my Keen Growler Boots in mine.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast