Thread: HHSS #1 or #2?

HHSS #1 or #2?

can't get any difference between the two just looking attheir individual pages... however, through reading everything on the HH site regarding their SS, it seems the #1 is 26 or 29 inches at the shoulder and the #2 is 36.. can anyone clear this up for me?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    can't get any difference between the two just looking attheir individual pages... however, through reading everything on the HH site regarding their SS, it seems the #1 is 26 or 29 inches at the shoulder and the #2 is 36.. can anyone clear this up for me?
    Right- 36" wide for #2 which is designed for the larger Explorer models. For some reason the #1, which is designed for the shorter Expedition models, is also not as wide. I think it is 29" wide. Recently someone used the wider pad with the Expedition, worked good. But I don't know if the longer UC or over cover would work well with an Expedition or not. But I would rather have the wider pad.

http://www.hennessyhammock.com/wintercamping.html
    WIDER AT THE SHOULDERS Using open cell foam allowed us to manufacture a tapered pad which was 29" wide at the shoulders for the Expedition and the Backpacker and 36" wide at the shoulders for the Explorer models.

That's what I'm sayin' Bob, wider pad=more side protection+less worry about shuffling around. The BB Traveler is 'bout 10 feet yeah? Is that about how long the expedition model is? I think I'm going #2 but I didn't even think about the UC and the length. Which is closest to meeting the spects of a WBBB Traveler?

checked it out and the scout is 9 feet and the asym is 8 feet but the traveler is 10 feet... I should still be able to get the system on yeah? 6inches of give either side?

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    The super shelter is a product specifically designed for those two HH models. I am not sure how well it would work on a non-HH hammock. Perhaps someone else has tried it out. My guess is you may have a hard time trying to get it properly fit due to the construction and design of the system. Some folks even have trouble fitting it on the model it is intended for.

Edit: Reading through some other threads I see it has been done. Other than the price, I am not sure I see a benefit to a non-HH system. The undercover is slit for the bottom entry. (at least on my version of it) The pad is formed to fit the asym style of the HH hammock. If it was me.... I would look into a good synthetic UQ and see if the price was significantly different for the expected temp range.

I like the Super Shelter for the HH. No mistake about that. But dedicated systems don't always transfer as well as they might.
    Last edited by Ramblinrev; 01-28-2011 at 07:40.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

haha, well we're gonna see Rev! I'm confident and for the price it was worth the experiment, UC, OC and pad.. for sure.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    haha, well we're gonna see Rev! I'm confident and for the price it was worth the experiment, UC, OC and pad.. for sure.
    Did you go with #2? I think that is what I would do, think I would rather have it too big than not big enough for BB. Well, let us know how well it works- or doesn't. I have a BB, but I have never tried to put my #2 SS on it.

I did get the #2 Bob, my BB is 10' and the #2 is made for the 9' hammock.. I'm hoping it wont require any modding, if it does then I'll probably try to sell it before I start cutting it up. My gear's starting to look like Frankengear, haha. Dealer's choice in Slo's pack

• + New Posts