Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Senior Member Dave41079's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Hammock
    HH ULBPA, GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    HH Hex, Edge Spinn
    Insulation
    3S Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    274

    Burrow/Phoenix ordered!

    Just placed my order for some 3 season quilts, and man am I excited. After much deliberation and reading several excellent reviews, I chose these and I'm sure I'll be very happy with them. Many thanks to Adam and Jenny for prompt emails about questions that I had.
    Visualize whirled peas.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Ewker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Old Hickory, Tn
    Hammock
    Henry Shires Tarp Tent
    Tarp
    with a tent?
    Insulation
    Helium down bag
    Posts
    4,419
    you won't be disappointed
    There are times that the only way you can do something is alone that waiting on the convenience of others means that a lot of opportunities will pass you by
    Spirit Walker

    Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool. ― Mark Twain

    Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

  3. #3
    Scottybdiving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Spicewood, TX
    Hammock
    WBBB, Switchback 1.9 SL & 1.9 DL
    Tarp
    BDWD, AE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing & Rings
    Posts
    745
    You will love them. Hardest thing is putting them away and not sleeping with them every night. On my last river trip, temps were in the 30's at the beginning and 50's at the end at lower elevations. The 3 season handles that range very well.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Dave41079's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Hammock
    HH ULBPA, GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    HH Hex, Edge Spinn
    Insulation
    3S Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    274
    Eddy, I'm planning on having them for the Long Hunter trip. Too bad you guys can't make it for that one. It will be nice to be wrapped in warm fluffy goodness instead of being worried about moving off of my pad.
    Visualize whirled peas.

  5. #5
    Senior Member whayneneal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    ZPack, OES, WB
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    380
    Excellent selection. You won't be disappointed.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Raul Perez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Posts
    2,363
    Images
    49
    Sweet I don't own anything from Hammock Gear but with everyone giving their praises you wont be disappointed!
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

    The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

    http://watermonkey.net/

    Youtube Channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

  7. #7
    BLUEFIN 774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave41079 View Post
    Just placed my order for some 3 season quilts, and man am I excited. After much deliberation and reading several excellent reviews, I chose these and I'm sure I'll be very happy with them. Many thanks to Adam and Jenny for prompt emails about questions that I had.
    I JUST KNOW YOU WILL LOVE YOUR NEW GEAR !

    I have the 3/4 length 3 season Crowsnest (now renamed Phoenix) It is excellent, very happy with my quilt.
    Take care,
    Bluefin


    Bluefin's Videos

  8. #8
    Senior Member Dave41079's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Hammock
    HH ULBPA, GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    HH Hex, Edge Spinn
    Insulation
    3S Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    274
    So I debated on posting this, but couldn't help but share. An hour and a half after placing my order I received an email. It was to inform me that another customer had canceled their order AFTER their quilts were made. They were at that point, stuck with a set of quilts and no buyer. It also just so happened that I had the only order on the list that matched the canceled order exactly. I was just informed that my quilts will be shipping tomorrow in order to be able to move what they had already made for someone else. I now feel that I am the luckiest man alive. Maybe it was because I was order number 400. Just to reiterate, they are ONLY shipping because they had an extra canceled set sitting that matched my order exactly, and no one elses. I want to make that very, very clear. Boy am I happy though!
    Visualize whirled peas.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bowmanville, ON
    Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7dbl,Dangerbird 65
    Tarp
    Speer WinterTarp
    Insulation
    UGQ,JRB,MM
    Suspension
    WB, Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottybdiving View Post
    You will love them. Hardest thing is putting them away and not sleeping with them every night. On my last river trip, temps were in the 30's at the beginning and 50's at the end at lower elevations. The 3 season handles that range very well.
    I just moved out of my apartment and think it is an excellent excuse to use my Burrow as a comforter till I...ah who am I kidding...it might as well keep me warm at home as well as in the field

  10. #10
    thorwren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, OH
    Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave41079 View Post
    So I debated on posting this, but couldn't help but share. An hour and a half after placing my order I received an email. It was to inform me that another customer had canceled their order AFTER their quilts were made. They were at that point, stuck with a set of quilts and no buyer. It also just so happened that I had the only order on the list that matched the canceled order exactly. I was just informed that my quilts will be shipping tomorrow in order to be able to move what they had already made for someone else. I now feel that I am the luckiest man alive. Maybe it was because I was order number 400. Just to reiterate, they are ONLY shipping because they had an extra canceled set sitting that matched my order exactly, and no one elses. I want to make that very, very clear. Boy am I happy though!
    We're happy to send them to a new home, too - The customer who canceled their order just decided to go with another color and re-ordered.... They saw our blue quilt on the trail and went for it! I wish we had more just "sitting" around.

    Thanks, Dave! Ok-back-to-work-now-on-everyone-else's-quilts.........

Similar Threads

  1. 40*Burrow 40* Phoenix.
    By Bammacker in forum Hammock Gear
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-21-2014, 13:00
  2. 40 degree Phoenix ordered
    By Stormstaff in forum Hammock Gear
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 17:28
  3. Ordered One 40* Burrow, Got Two.
    By Gustav in forum Hammock Gear
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 19:12
  4. Just ordered my 20F Burrow
    By coldstealie in forum Hammock Gear
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-31-2011, 00:14
  5. 20F Phoenix and Burrow Ordered!
    By FireInMyBones in forum Hammock Gear
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-26-2011, 23:34

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •