This is my first attempt in the world of underquilts. I've always used pads. Anyway, this is made of Wally world ripstop and 6oz climashield. It's about 86" long x 54" wide. I made the shell fabric about 5" total wider and and 5" total longer and darted the corners to make a bit of a differential. In retrospect, it's a bit too much difference. I think maybe 1" to 1 1/2" would be enough. Pics are of the UQ on my homemade 12' double layer hammock. So far...so good!
Oh yeah...I made the stuff sack long so that I can store it uncompressed and then compress it down by doubling over the stuff sack. That's what you see in the first two pics.
1.jpg 1-2.jpg 1-4.jpg 1-5.jpg 1-6.jpg 1-7.jpg 1-8.jpg 1-9.jpg 1-10.jpg