Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kc7fys View Post
    Golly that's nice. You give a feller the sniffles with that kind of talk.
    You're a great asset to the hobby.
    Backup support for Sector Seven,
    KC7FYS
    Thanke for the back-up!

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Lab View Post
    I am new here but I have watched plenty of your videos. Billy Bob would be proud of your Karl Childers. Just saw the movie a couple of days ago.

Thanks for your videos. They are learning me right good!
    Too kind feller.

Quote Originally Posted by two isles View Post
    Chillin'
    what kind of poles did you use?

and srsly? pork brains and milk gravy? thanks to this post, I would have missed
    one of the most disgusting things I have seen come from a can ! <---- insert puking icon here
    Pork brains and milk gravy are not palatable even on a view like Hawksbill.

Quote Originally Posted by The_redneck_Q View Post
    Shug I too found Justjeff's hammock site before the others and emulated it for a couple years. Love your vids and we watch them at the fire station. If your ever in the Monroe city area look me up and come by for lunch!
    Whooooo Buddy. Now that I will take you up on. Can I slide down the pole?
    Will you serve boudin????
    I thankee....iiiii-eeeee
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Just want to add my appreciation to Shug for his videos. I have to admit, I've watched just about every camping/hammock video on youtube, but Shugs I keep going back to. I even copied the noob ones to my ipod the rewatch when I need to jog my memory about something.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    down mat
    Suspension
    Whoopies dutch bu
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Whooooo Buddy. Now that I will take you up on. Can I slide down the pole?
    Will you serve boudin????
    I thankee....iiiii-eeeee

Not a problem on the boudin but the pole is a no-go. We no longer have multi story stations but we do have many stories to tell on each of them lol!

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    Welcome to the family!

I can't say anything that hasn't been said already. You're a good person and a good teacher. Thank you for sharing you knowledge and woods time with us.

Be blessed brother,
    Kirk

Hammock
    Who can choose?
    Tarp
    DW Bonded P2F
    Insulation
    Unicorn Fur
    Suspension
    Beckett hitch
    And a big thankee from this North Central Florida newbie to you as well, Shug - your vids are great stuff!
    Medical professional, semi-professional Scouter, aspiring layabout.
    "If it's stupid, and it works - it's not stupid."

S487-132

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1, HH Bkpkr Ult Asym , GT
    Tarp
    OES Mct, WB Sprfly
    Insulation
    leighlo,HG burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/straps
    This post will make 100 pages. There is NOT one person here on this site that does not appreciate what Shug has contributed to the trial and error process of hammocking. His videos have demonstrated a taught many of us simple, and compled, problems that arise from the inexperienced hammocker.
    I purchased a hammock off ebay and then found I didn't even know how to tie it to the tree. After much research, mostly reading, I found some videos made by Shug. He was able to create the imagery to all that I had read. His experience became my experience... his passion, mine. Kindred spirits indeed. I believe any person who is willing to pack on his back 10, 20, 30, up to 60 lbs on his or her back and trek back into the wilderness away from civilization must have great respect for nature. This is our most common thread, but we enjoy being elevated in this journey, as opposed to, grounded.
    I am here to say, for the next 83 pages, Thank You for all of you contributions to hammockers, cottage industries, backpackers food, and the success of this site.

Hope to meet you one day on the trail!!

God Bless and God Speed

Hmmm, perhaps the store should have a new decal/patch for sale that says, "What would Shug do?"

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon SilHex
    Insulation
    HGIncubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch BeetleBuckle
    Images
    Thanks to this site for providing a place for us all to share ideas and stories about hanging. It is VERY motivating to me to watch the YouTube videos from Shug, who has kindled something in my son and I. So THANK YOU Shug, I appreciate all of your efforts in producing those video's and in a way that is truly motivating and informative at the same time. I see from your YouTube video's you also have a similar passion for music, rc planes and cooking meat.

If you are interested I could send some fresh all organic, no hormone, no anti-biotic, raised on my farm 100% black angus beef to try your meat cooking skills on. I'm sure I could ship it with some dry ice, plus I keep my big freezers at 0 and the processor I use is state certified so it's all USDA marked and commercial vacuum sealed. I just had this batch of meat done at the end of March. Of course this would be on me, as my way of saying thank you for inspiring my son and I ! (all secure in sector seven ;-)
    Deja Moo: "The feeling you have heard this bull before"

Hammock
    WB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge, Incub20
    Suspension
    Web Susp
    Thank you for your inspiration as much as your information.

You DA Man!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangs4Fun View Post
    Thanks to this site for providing a place for us all to share ideas and stories about hanging. It is VERY motivating to me to watch the YouTube videos from Shug, who has kindled something in my son and I. So THANK YOU Shug, I appreciate all of your efforts in producing those video's and in a way that is truly motivating and informative at the same time. I see from your YouTube video's you also have a similar passion for music, rc planes and cooking meat.

If you are interested I could send some fresh all organic, no hormone, no anti-biotic, raised on my farm 100% black angus beef to try your meat cooking skills on. I'm sure I could ship it with some dry ice, plus I keep my big freezers at 0 and the processor I use is state certified so it's all USDA marked and commercial vacuum sealed. I just had this batch of meat done at the end of March. Of course this would be on me, as my way of saying thank you for inspiring my son and I ! (all secure in sector seven ;-)
    That warms me ol' heart knowing I had a little something to do with getting a Father and son doing some hanging. Kindled.....real good word.
    I may take you up on the fine meat offer....sound dee-lish. My wife does love a good cut of meat. I'll PM ya' but I sure don't want to put you out.
    All beefy in sector seven)))))

Quote Originally Posted by laxdad View Post
    Thank you for your inspiration as much as your information.

You DA Man!
    Hey....I appreciate that and it is my joy.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast