Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Images

Mountain Hardware Flip 25/45 Bag

Just picked up a new bag($72 shipped@ www.Backcountry.com), Mountain Hardware Flip 25/45 synthetic bag. Of course its Mountain Hardware so its good quality. The flip is a sorta of a hybrid bag. One side is a 25 degree bag and when flipped its a 45. Not sure yet about the accuracy of the ratings of if flippin the dang thing even works so we'll see. There are a few features that I really like and thought would make it a great hammock bag. One its a semi rectangular cut. Hopefully this will transition into a lil more room to maneuver around when zipped up vs a mummy. Two, it can be fully unzipped and used as a blanket. Should provide a lot more options as far as using it in different situations and ease getting into and out of. It also has a zip at the bottom to vent the foot box. With the exception of really cold weather I am hoping this bag will be able to cover the majority of weather situations from warm to cold. We'll see...
    Here's a pic and specs..
    http://www.trailspace.com/gear/mount.../#where-to-buy

Hammock
    DIY 11' double layer 1.1
    Tarp
    huge DIY camo
    Insulation
    DIY 9oz. Primaloft
    Suspension
    7/64"whoopie sling
    I have that bag too! I love it in the hammock. It's a warm bag. I'm a warm sleeper, and I used it down to 10 mostly comfortably (toes got a bit cold before dawn). This was in my hammock with sufficient under insulation. I used it at Mt. Rogers last year, where it got down to 7, but I augmented it with my coat and a hot water bottle, so that may not be the most accurate assessment of it's rating. Like I said, I'm a warm sleeper, and I've found it to be a bit much at anything over 50 or so.
    I've always used it as a top quilt in the hammock too, so having both sides scrunched up on top of me may boost the rating a bit.

Hope that helps!
    PF
    It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Formerly known as Acercanto, my trail name is MacGuyver to some, and Pucker Factor to others.

It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness. - Randy Glasbergen

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PuckerFactor View Post
    I have that bag too! I love it in the hammock. It's a warm bag.
    Thanks, glad to hear it. Thanks for confirming my high aspirations for this bag. Cant wait to try it out!!!

Hammock
    DIY Hennessey A-sym
    Tarp
    JRB Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    3S Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing / Amsteel
    I also have the flip. Used in the hammock it is great! It unzips to completely cover you, but one thing i was wondering is that since both sides have different amount of insulation, if you use it as a blanket keep in mind that one side may get a big cooler because the "red" side will only cover so much.

I have used it hammocking in TN when the weather was in the high 30s / low 40s and it worked great. When i used it in 28 degree weather though I got a little cold sleeping on the ground

• + New Posts