1.7 WBBB
    Tarp
    OES MacDeluxe
    Insulation
    3/4 4Seas. Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Webbing

DIY Bug net

So, I've decided to fabricate my own bug net in anticipation for the warmer weather. I'm in the south so...... make your own inference as to whether it's needed or not.

This is more of an primer for the project. I'll be posting pictures along the way to catalog my failures and successes.

I purchased some noseeum netting from, http://www.skeeta.com/html/netting/m...um_netting.htm

They were decently priced, but to my dismay found that Hobbie Lobbie local to me had plenty of it in stock.

I haven't decided on a fastening system and have found several threads on that subject. I may try all of them and see which works best for me.

I scouted the ENO bugnest and wasn't sold on the design because I think I can do better.

Feel free to leave any comments or guidance for my first DIY hammock endeavor.
    UQ=Hampon

Hammock
    HammockBliss no see um
    Suspension
    home made webbing
    Images
    Hi, what was the no-see-um listed under at Hobbie Lobbie? When i ask at the one in Columbia, SC they look at me weird and say they don't think they have anything like that.

Hammock
    1.7 WBBB
    Tarp
    OES MacDeluxe
    Insulation
    3/4 4Seas. Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Webbing
    They had it on a spool with no listing, SKU number, or barcode. I was just skimming through their inventory and happen to of seen it. It was the Greenville store on Woodruff road. They had loooooadddss of it in various sizes and colors.

Couldn't find what I was actually looking for, which was ripstop nylon or silnylon.

Hope this helps
    UQ=Hampon

Hammock
    5 DIY's and a Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    BWDD 4 Season, DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator / DIY IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!
    Images
    Are you sure it was noseeum and not toole, the stuff they use for bridal veils? Toole is very fragile.
    If God had meant for us to sleep on the ground,
    He wouldn't have created trees....

“Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in where nature may heal and cheer and give strength to the body and soul.” - John Muir

Hammock
    1.7 WBBB
    Tarp
    OES MacDeluxe
    Insulation
    3/4 4Seas. Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Webbing
    You could be correct, I didn't ask any salesperson about the fabric.

It just felt like noseeum to me, I'd seen a bit of it in theater and it looked and felt exactly the same.

Ill call tomorrow and check it out, it was less than a buck for a yard.
    UQ=Hampon

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    For some projects, tulle would be fine. I made a couple of HUG nets with tulle and they've been great so far. I don't think I'd try a full-length net out of tulle because of the stress that might come from zippers, yanks, and pulls. The HUG is a bit more gentle on the fabric since there isn't as much stress directly on the fabric.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    none yet
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    They had it on a spool with no listing, SKU number, or barcode. I was just skimming through their inventory and happen to of seen it. It was the Greenville store on Woodruff road. They had loooooadddss of it in various sizes and colors.

Couldn't find what I was actually looking for, which was ripstop nylon or silnylon.

Hope this helps
    Yep it's tulle. I've never heard that word but I shop Hobby Lobby frequently and I've seen it, It's not noseeum. They normally carry a 1.1 UC(un coated) ripstop but I didn't notice it last time I was there. I bought a skeeter net from a military surplus store and I hope I never make all the DIY hammocks it would take to use it all. Ok thats a lie

• + New Posts