Would a down bag be able to deal with that sort of treatment? Also, I'm intrigued by the zippered poncho liner offered by Wiggy's, has anyone used this? Will a poncho liner, a ccf pad, jeans socks and a sweatshirt keep me warm in 30+ degrees? or do I need to get more extreme and spring for a down sleeping bag. If thats the case, does being in the sleeping bag reduce the temperature rating required? Could I get away with a 45 degree rated bag in 30 degrees?

I have a Wiggy's PL (not zippered) and several of his bags. The PL is double the thickness of a mil spec Pl and probably 10 degrees warmer in the 30's/40's ranges. I sleep borderline warm under it with a layer of fleece and adequate UQ in the upper 30's. I think you will be cold as you are describing.

Certainly a down bag can be stuffed a lot. That's what they do. Down vs. synthetic is a tough choice for many, especially when you gotta carry it.

The ccf pad will accumulate condensation (annoying to me) and may be too narrow to give good coverage around the shoulders.

I think the center zip wiggy bag is a better option than side zip for a hammock. I use my side zips and it takes some serious wiggling around for a minute or two to get in, but once in, I am fine. Part of my problem is that the bags zip on the opposite side of the zipper opening to my hammock. also, the synthetic bag will give a little better underneath insulation than a down one, maybe lessening the insulation requirement slightly. Those bags are bulky but compress better than expected.

Underneath insulation is HUGE. A much bigger part of the equation than anything else. Just reading your posts, it appears that you may not be fully appreciating this yet, but if you have hung by now I guess you do. You can experiment with multiple layers of blankets or sleeping bags inside the hammock to get a feel for this.