Hennessey deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex fly
    Insulation
    UQ,SS,BP.
    Suspension
    Straps and rings

Mexico Hang

Alright I have a trip planned in march to go to Ures, Sonora, Mexico on a mission trip and plan to take my hammock. It will be my first time leaving the country. Has any one on HF ever been on a Hang in Mexico? Is there any tree's? I will post some pics when I get back. Any tips or advice about hanging in Mexico would help.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by refund View Post
    Alright I have a trip planned in march to go to Ures, Sonora, Mexico on a mission trip and plan to take my hammock. It will be my first time leaving the country. Has any one on HF ever been on a Hang in Mexico? Is there any tree's? I will post some pics when I get back. Any tips or advice about hanging in Mexico would help.
    I would contact the folks you are visiting on your mission and ask them. Mexico can be spare in places when it comes to trees. Let them know what you are looking for, and they'll come up with a spot for you.

Yeesh. Watch out for kidnappers. Might want to make sure you're not driving a type of vehicle preferred by drug traffickers if you're going to be anywhere near the U.S. border or else you might find yourself stranded or carjacked at gunpoint.

Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Images
    I'd not be going into mexico anytime soon, that's for sure! I live right on the border. Nope, not gonna do it, not for any reason, Not even for the great prices on tequila. It's gonna get worse before it gets any better, and I bet it won't be in my lifetime ......

Hammock
    Hennessey deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex fly
    Insulation
    UQ,SS,BP.
    Suspension
    Straps and rings

Thanks for the advice

Thanks for the advice about Mexico, besides missing the question about tips on hanging in Mexico it was helpful. I am not worried about security there because I have the biggest body guard anyone could have watching out for me!

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 UQ
    Suspension
    AHE Strps & Whpies

Go For It

I live in Hermosillo, Sonora Mexico about 50% of the time and I work throughout Mexico in bush country. You will love Ures, Sonora. We have friends with a ranch in the area and we ride horses in that country from time to time. You will find that it is mixed Sonoran desert upland habitat with large bosques of trees near riparian areas. I think that you will have no problem using your hammock. Albeit, you will need to scout the best spots.

I sleep in a hammock in Mexico regularly. My only suggestion regarding security would be, while you are in the bush, try to be part of a group with the reasonable capability of defending yourself. It is really your call as to how far you want to take the matter of protection. Foreigners are only allowed to carry guns under very limited circumstances. There are petty thieves and hard-core criminals looking for easy prey... even in Ures. But, I wouldn't let the fear of attack scare you off.

My attitude has always been to take reasonable steps to protect yourself, stay alert, and then relax. Remain stealthy as to your travel and camp location and make sure someone capable of getting you out knows your itinerary.

Most land in the Ures area is privately held. If you are on ranch land. I would strongly advise that you get permission from the rancher to be on his property... remember you using his land and home. If you handle it right he is likely to suggest good places to visit. Under most circumstances, if permission is granted; it is customary to offer a gift to the owner for his trouble. Use good judgment and practice cultural sensitivity.

If you have specific questions, I will try to respond to a PM; if you so desire.

• + New Posts