DIY 126 x 60 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 10 x 11
    Insulation
    New River/Owhyee
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images

Granger this past weekend (01/04/08-01/06/08)

Gage and I had a great time out at Granger last weekend. Since he wanted to go and it was going to be nice I didn't go hunting with the bow and arrow, but with the Canon.

Several people showed up on Saturday @ the camp site. They were there fishing, they all canoed in from the N0. 7 Launch site. Pretty cool folks.

Lows around 57*, winds from 15-20 with gusts of 25-30 out of the West.

I tried a different double hang than normal. I used two trees that were farther apart and tried to hang the hammocks in-line. putting one close to ne tree and the other close to the other tree. This meant one support rope was REALLY high and the other one was normal to get a level hang. The Guide Gear 12x12 tarp offered just enough coverage; if it had rained straight down (drizzle) we would havebeen okay, but wind-blown would've gotten us wet I think.

after Ramen noodles and instant mashed potatoes we hit the hammocks around 9:30. I woke up @ 1:30 unable to get back to sleep. This is VERY unusual for me, in fact, this is the ONLY time it has ever happened. I thought maybe it was because of the hammock configuration, so I moved my hammock to it's own set of trees. No change couldn't get to sleep. So I fired up the stove, made some coffee and headed down to the river for some crappie nightstalking. I didn't do very well fishing, but it passed the time. I found a big ball of cord someone had left @ one of the tent sites, so I unravelled it and sorted it all out by size and length; and my lantern stoped working so I tore it apart and fixed it, it had a plugged orifice.

Sat. we moved to ur normal hangin' spot and re-rigged the hammocks using the strut method. even tho it seems more complicated, it is better and easier to dual hang this way.

Gage turned 5 years old on Sun. he wants his own tarp now, so I guess the next trip he will have his own set-up totally. They grow up so fast.

The wind was fierce on Sat. night, but the ccf pads kept all the wind off of us, the fabric was whipping like crazy above my head but I couldn't feel any of the wind. It was pretty cool actually.

We spent the days exploring the Fox Wildlife Area and fishing for crappie and white bass. Here are a few images:

Gage drags trunk (2) (Custom).JPG

Gage drags trunk (4) (Custom).JPG

High water mark (Custom).JPG

Honey bee in tree (Custom).JPG

Wabbit (Custom).JPG
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds
    Mind of a Rat Youtube Channel

Very cool post and pics! Father and son hanging out.... Simply awesome..

Doing the same with my son in a few weeks.....
    Hammock hanging and fly fishing;it just doesn't get any better!

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    nice shots. sounds like a great trip... except for the sleeping difficulties<G>.
    i have on rare occasions had a little of that problem, but it usually don't last to long.

glad to see some wild honey bees!
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    DIY 126 x 60 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 10 x 11
    Insulation
    New River/Owhyee
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    I know of three Honey Bee trees @ Granger. I have never seen a free-hanging hive like this one though, they have the bees for sure. It is a pretty heavy agricultural area so they do well there.
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds
    Mind of a Rat Youtube Channel

• + New Posts