Tarp
    HH ASYM CAMO
    Insulation
    KAQ Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Compression Sack for Hammock?

I just got my HH yesterday (EXPEDITION ASYM WOODLAND CAMO). I'm SO happy!! Can't wait to get out this summer and do some stealthing on my mountain bike or hiking.

It's a bit bigger than I expected. It fits in my backpack, but I have a pretty small pack and wanted to save some more room. When the hammock and tarp are in their bag I can easily squash it down with my hands further.

Can anyone recommend a compression sack that they have used with this hammock? I'd like to have it about the size of a can of soup (or at least a small as possible).

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Go and check the camping section at your local WalMart. They sell a 3 pack of ultra light weight roll top compression sacks/dry bags: a 2L (122cu. in) sack, a 4L (244cu. in.) sack, and a 8L (488cu. in.) sack for $10.96.

They are a very impressive piece of gear to come out of the WM camping section, at an EXCELLENT price. They are polyurethane coated rip stop nylon, probably 1.9oz per sq yard, with taped seams and everything.

My Speer Winter Tarp fits into the small sack (2L) and makes a surprisingly small bundle. The HH clone very well in the 4L.

This is a little bit of a spoiler, but I had planned on posting a thread on using the three sacks in the set for 3 different projects: the large, 8L sack is going to become a gravity water filter using the filter cartridge from my Pur Hiker, the middle size is going to be a BB style stuff sack for a hammock, and the small 2L sack was going to be used as BB style sack for a tarp. Maybe one of these days I will start getting stuff on my "To Do" list done and will post the thread.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    HH EXP-ASYM CAMO
    Tarp
    HH ASYM CAMO
    Insulation
    KAQ Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    Go and check the camping section at your local WalMart. They sell...
    Thanks for the tip. Just got back from the local WalMart. Unfortunatly they didn't have that. I know how it goes though, sometimes stuff is there and sometimes not. I've got three others within 30 minutes so I'm going to do some driving and try to find it. That sounds perfect. I did a couple hours of internet searching this afternoon and didn't find anything that seemed right.

This is a little bit of a spoiler...
    or perhaps teaser. ;-) can't wait to read more and see some pics.

Hammock
    Nano-7
    Tarp
    Cat cut tarp
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Images
    8L sack is going to become a gravity water filter using the filter cartridge from my Pur Hiker,
    I'd be very keen to see your plans for that idea
    Gunn
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.
    Winnie the Pooh

My Photo Album
    My youtube videos

Proud member since May 2007

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    This is a little bit of a spoiler, but I had planned on posting a thread on using the three sacks in the set for 3 different projects: the large, 8L sack is going to become a gravity water filter using the filter cartridge from my Pur Hiker, the middle size is going to be a BB style stuff sack for a hammock, and the small 2L sack was going to be used as BB style sack for a tarp. Maybe one of these days I will start getting stuff on my "To Do" list done and will post the thread.
    sounds great! i've followed w/ interest a few threads talking about a DTY gravity filter, but i never quite found the right parts they were talking about to make the transition through the bag.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    As not to Eron's thread completely off topic, here's a thread that Rastuten posted on gravity filters.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

www.meancatcoffee.com

I have the dry sacks that HeadChange is talking about. They are great and super light. They are hard to spot at WalMart because they don't immediately look like stuff sacks. They are in a small, thin plastic sheath. If I am not mistaken, they are made by Sea to Summit. Anyhow, they would be near the backpacks in the camping section. Also, I have seen some people using the plastic sheath for storing small items in as well. Ever seen someone using the PACKAGING as a multi-use item? LOL!

I was wrong about the manufacturer. Sea to Summit does make some similar, but the ones at WalMart are in a green plastic sheath and are made by Outdoor Products.

http://www.outdoorproducts.com/prodd...aspx?sku=153OP

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by deljohnston View Post
    I was wrong about the manufacturer. Sea to Summit does make some similar, but the ones at WalMart are in a green plastic sheath and are made by Outdoor Products.

http://www.outdoorproducts.com/prodd...aspx?sku=153OP
    That's them.

www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle Zip XL
    Tarp
    MacCat deluxe
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    I bought a set of those roll tops bags from Wallyworld a while ago - I couldn't believe the price. Nice quality and I'm still using them - I was sewing my own out of sil nylon before that but I couldn't compete with Sam's prices.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast